Non professional - no judgement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glf92

Reaction score
Hi.
I know this is going to absolutely ruffle some feathers but I’ve made the decision to dye my hair at home as I can’t afford salon prices and I’m so desperate at this point. My current hair has been box dyed number 3 darkest brown for probably 5+ years. I have lots of greys coming in thick and fast at the moment as well as about an inch root of lighter brown hair.
My goal is to lighten my hair and have it the lightest brown I can get. I want to do it properly with all the correct items but no matter how much I research I don’t know where to start. I’d say my hair is highly porous as it dries mega fast. Can someone please give me a last of what I will need and maybe the method of doing it please? I’m asking for advice even though I know what I’m doing is wrong so please if you could over look that and not judge then that would be lovely thank you. I will post pics of my hair and the colour I would like to (somewhat) achieve. I don’t have high expectations and know it’s unlikely that I will get the exact colour.

Latest posts

Back