PDA

View Full Version : Jessica GELeration question

Gina Ballerina
14-07-10, 08:29 PM
Hi all

Have now done my first few Jessica GELeration 3wk manicures, the response is fantastic and I am in love!!!

So far I have only done colours but on saturday I have a client in that wants a french so just wondering how you would do your french?
Would you sanwich the white? (this is what I would do with normal Jesssica polish) or would that be too many layers?

Also, are you curing each layer for one minute or two? I was sure it waws one min but the timer sets it for two mins.

Maybe one of the massive gang of Shellacers might have an answer to my french question.

Thanks y'all.

Gx

kelly_s
15-07-10, 12:38 PM
Hi,

I'm loving the GELeration too!! When I did the training they suggested one layer pink then one layer white on top, as I asked this same question because I also sandwhich the white when using their polishes. I haven't tried it yet because I'm still waiting for Blush to arrive so I'd love to hear how it goes.
As for curing start is 1 min, each layer of colour is 2 mins and finish 2 mins.

Good luck!!

Gina Ballerina
15-07-10, 05:23 PM
Hi Kelly,

Thanks you your reply, I forgot to ask when I was being trained.

I think I'll do one pink then one white. I got beautiful instead of blush but I wish Id got the latter.

Im doing one min start, one min per colour coat and two mins for finish. (I wish they were labled 123 instead of PSF) I would do two mins for darker colours but no one has asked for them yet.

How much have you added to the your normal mani/pedi price? We've added 10.

Welcome to the new GELeration lol!

Kayley6
17-07-10, 11:07 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
does anyone no where I can buy the jessica geleration gels from I've been on the website but there not on there?...let me no please thankuuu

Gina Ballerina
19-07-10, 11:52 AM
The website really needs updating and they've only just sent me an email advertising the treatment when Im already using it

Just call the office and your rep and they can make an order for you, you can do your training or the rep can come to you and do the training at your facility.

kelly_s
21-07-10, 03:52 PM
How are you getting on with your GELeration? Did your french go ok?

We have also got Beautiful as Blush is still on back order and have been doing one coat with one white on top but I found it a bit transparant on some nails so did 2 coats of white which was better. How are you finding it?
We've been doing a few of the confidant coral and raspberry which have come out really lovely.

We went for 10 on top of normal manicure price too, clients seem very keen. Sent out an official launch email yesterday and got 12 bookings!!

Martin Duffy
07-08-10, 09:54 PM
Are you sure Jessica only supply to salons? I'm sure I've seen mobile Jessica therapists & I'm sure I've seen Jessica mobile manicure kits on my order form. Have you actually contacted Jessica cosmetics themselves?

Lou_Lou
07-08-10, 10:07 PM
Has anyone had a problem soaking off? We haven't been on the training yet, so if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it. Application is fine it's just soaking off we are finding difficult!
Many thanks

Martin Duffy
07-08-10, 10:22 PM
No problems here! You just need to buff off the surface with a file to break the seal, put cotton wool soaked in the solution over the nail, wrap in foil & if you have the heated mittens put the hands in them to accelerate the removal time - voila quick removal!

shedunlop
07-08-10, 10:29 PM
Do you have your LED lamps yet. I got my Gelish LED yesterday and just thought I would let you know that it is wonderful! The time it saves is amazing!!:green:

Martin Duffy
07-08-10, 10:38 PM
As I had a lot of expenditure I've started with the Jessica UV lamp, but I'm already wishing I got the LED one! I might sell the UV one & get the LED one though as it will half the time & then I don't have to worry about bulbs etc. I think Teebster got the LED lamp with her start-up kit though. I think I NEEEEEED an LED lamp....!!!

shedunlop
07-08-10, 10:46 PM
You do, you do!! Really the speed of the lamps and the curing is just perfect. It is quite unbelievable really and so, so exciting. I know they seem expensive but they are going to pay for themselves over and over. Just thought I would let you know my thoughts on them, hope you don't mind! :green:

kellym
08-08-10, 01:01 AM
I read somewhere that you can use the Geleration base and top coat with any kind of polish, to make it last longer.
Has any one tried it? Does it really work?

j2o0000
08-08-10, 07:26 AM
Hi - I posted a thread earlier about the problem I have trying to get hold of the Geleration system from Jessica - I am not attached to a salon & due to finance restrictions I can't at the moment afford to fund myself on the training course they require you attend before using their products.

I really want to be able to offer the service as I have a couple of clients who would like to try it.

If there is anyone that would be willing to help me by purchasing the kit for me I would gladly offer them an incentive for helping me out & would of course pay for postage & packaging. I am desperate so I would love to hear from you if you are able to help me please ! If you would prefer to do it privately, please email me directly on emma@rellas.co.uk.

Thank you so much !

mum
08-08-10, 10:05 AM
Hi - I posted a thread earlier about the problem I have trying to get hold of the Geleration system from Jessica - I am not attached to a salon & due to finance restrictions I can't at the moment afford to fund myself on the training course they require you attend before using their products.

I really want to be able to offer the service as I have a couple of clients who would like to try it.

If there is anyone that would be willing to help me by purchasing the kit for me I would gladly offer them an incentive for helping me out & would of course pay for postage & packaging. I am desperate so I would love to hear from you if you are able to help me please ! If you would prefer to do it privately, please email me directly on emma@rellas.co.uk.

Thank you so much !

It really isn't appropriate to try to persuade nail professionals to sell pro products out the back door! Gerrard Int are an extremely well respected company and I'm sure if they discovered one of their customers was selling their products like this they would cancel their account.

If you have the money for an 'incentive' and postage then just go and do the course!! I'm sure it isn't that expensive

Martin Duffy
08-08-10, 09:23 PM
It really isn't appropriate to try to persuade nail professionals to sell pro products out the back door! Gerrard Int are an extremely well respected company and I'm sure if they discovered one of their customers was selling their products like this they would cancel their account.

If you have the money for an 'incentive' and postage then just go and do the course!! I'm sure it isn't that expensive

I have to agree with this; as someone who uses Jessica I would be a little peeved if I found a therapist on my doorstep using pro products that they'd got illegitimately. I'm sure the course for the GELeration is only 90 for the day, so it's not that expensive.

nat@bamboo
12-08-10, 08:34 PM
I have just trained and ordered my GELeration start up kit today am soooooo excited:lol: Was wondering about french also, they said to apply a coat of pink then to wipe tip before curing and then apply white to the well on tip!!!! This sounds like it wont work:confused:.....help

Martin Duffy
12-08-10, 08:45 PM
Glad you enjoyed your training & the products!! I've been doing it as per a normal french, i.e. white tip, cure, pink over the whole, cure.

Martin Duffy
19-08-10, 07:48 PM
I read somewhere that you can use the Geleration base and top coat with any kind of polish, to make it last longer.
Has any one tried it? Does it really work?

Just realised I never answered this! I have tried it, but it does add time as you have to have the polish dry before you can paint on the GELeratio top coat, and although you would obviously have this issue with a normal polish service you obviously only have to wait 1 to 2 mins with the gel-polish. That said, it does extend the choice of colours, and although it doesn't last as long as the gel-polish colours it does last a lot longer than polish alone.

smclaren87
24-08-10, 08:16 PM
can i ask where you do the jessica geleration training?

LauLau
24-08-10, 11:03 PM
hi everyone if you want more info on GELeration you need to contact Gerrard International 0845 217 1370
For french i find it best to do one coat of beautiful first then cure then 2 coats of wedding gown and cure inbetween each layer, then finish gel.....
uv 2 mins, Led 30 seconds, hope that helped :)

Martin Duffy
24-08-10, 11:09 PM
I think with french it will always depend on the loom you want re white or pink first. Personally I don't like the artificial look that you get with the white on top, whereas the pink on top softens the white & makes it more blended - it's whatever floats your, or more importantly your client's, boat!!

weenetty
03-09-10, 10:56 PM
Hi guys to busy at work to give the geleration a shot so took it home tonight to try on myself - the final coating is not curing -everything i have applied is nice and thin and there are no lumps or bumps, but its still tacky??

Thanks x

Teebster
04-09-10, 09:47 AM
Hi, are you removing the inhibition layer of uncured gel with the clarifying soloution or do you mean that after you have done that the nail is still tacky?

weenetty
05-09-10, 11:57 AM
hi teebster, no i checked each layer as i went and found they were still tacky but thought hey would be fine at the final stage but nails just wouldnt dry left very tacky, my towels and tissue when i washed my face were stuck so they were all oosy, however when i woke in the morning and had a shower this all came off and they were lovely and smooth and shiney!!! obviously i want them to be dry straight away for clients. xx

TweezerHappy
05-09-10, 01:28 PM
hi teebster, no i checked each layer as i went and found they were still tacky but thought hey would be fine at the final stage but nails just wouldnt dry left very tacky, my towels and tissue when i washed my face were stuck so they were all oosy, however when i woke in the morning and had a shower this all came off and they were lovely and smooth and shiney!!! obviously i want them to be dry straight away for clients. xx

UV cured products are always tacky when they are removed from the UV lamp. This is the inhibition layer. At the final stage, after the top coat is cured you have to wipe this away. Sounds like Jessica use a clarifying solution for this.

HTH.

weenetty
06-09-10, 09:54 AM
thanks tweezerhappy - it does not tell us that but i will give it a bash today and let you know how i go xx

Martin Duffy
06-09-10, 02:26 PM
Did you get the table-top card with your start-up kit, because on mine it says you have to wipe over with the Clarify after curing the top coat. Have you been on the training or had the rep in to demo the product for you? If not, perhaps it's best to get them in to help identify where it's going wrong!!

spoilt
06-09-10, 03:13 PM
hiya i use dashing diva with my gelish , it works a treat and looks perfect everytime. x im also getting a led lamp sheila x

weenetty
06-09-10, 04:13 PM
Did you get the table-top card with your start-up kit, because on mine it says you have to wipe over with the Clarify after curing the top coat. Have you been on the training or had the rep in to demo the product for you? If not, perhaps it's best to get them in to help identify where it's going wrong!!

Ok so in my haste i did not read my table top correctly and did not see the last section on removing tack with clarify lol - my head is full of nonsense with working full time and getting ready for my wedding!!! worked a treat and they looks fab - martin the training day was full and we dont have a rep in our area we use sue at head office tried to create a longer nail using the build up but not sure i like it as it spreads quite far :eek: thanks everyone for your help i will pay more attention next time!! xx

Martin Duffy
06-09-10, 04:50 PM
Glad you got it sorted!!!

spagirly
06-09-10, 05:19 PM
What i do is,

Apply start gel, then firstly i apply a pink chosen colour then use a nail brush and remove the tip of the pink to create a nice smile line, then cure, if client wants a more pink repeat this move, then i do my 2 strokes of white in the smile line and should fit perfectly and cure

xxx

weenetty
07-09-10, 08:24 AM
Hi guys i read on someones website that they offer an in-fill on the gelicious - is this possible or is it better to remove and re-apply?

Martin Duffy
07-09-10, 03:36 PM
What i do is,

Apply start gel, then firstly i apply a pink chosen colour then use a nail brush and remove the tip of the pink to create a nice smile line, then cure, if client wants a more pink repeat this move, then i do my 2 strokes of white in the smile line and should fit perfectly and cure

xxx

That's what my Jessica rep has suggested - apparently it helps decrease the chance of the white tip looking like a bulge on the nail edge!

weenetty
02-10-10, 09:25 AM
Hi guys i have done the refresh on a client and im not sure i like the results as i feel you can see the join at the base of the nail - has anyone experienced this and could you offer any advide? Thanks x

ROHOOD
02-10-10, 12:35 PM

Here here!

danielle_jan
14-10-10, 09:31 PM
hi guys, really fancying getting the geleration... do they paint on like polishs?? are they hard to work with???
Do you have to apply a false tip?? (hope not lol)
Any info would be great.
Thank you.
Danielle x

Martin Duffy
15-10-10, 07:47 AM
hi guys, really fancying getting the geleration... do they paint on like polishs?? are they hard to work with???
Do you have to apply a false tip?? (hope not lol)
Any info would be great.
Thank you.
Danielle x

They do paint on like a polish; they come on a polish bottle with a polish brush. They're as easy to work with as polishes, the only difference being thinner layers and setting them under UV. You don't have to apply tips, there is the facility to do this, but it's a separate product to the polish system. If you contact Jessica they'll send a rep out to explain it all to you.

danielle_jan
15-10-10, 09:44 AM
Ooooo they sound exciting... my clients would love this. Thanks for the advice xx

Martin Duffy
15-10-10, 04:22 PM
I wasn't sure how many people would want them when I took it on, but I've been doing loads! It's been particularly popular with my manicure clients, enabling me to increase their monthly spend, but has also bought a lot of new clients in. It was well worth the outlay!!

Bethlic
19-10-10, 10:32 PM
Hello all, I got the Geleration from the Olympia exhibition and have tried it on myself and my mum. I have the UV lamp and I am doing thin layers but the nails just don't seem to be curing between each layer :cry:. All the bulbs work so I don't see what the problem is :irked:. I go on the training 12 November - but if anyone's got any ideas in the meantime. Perhaps wishing I got an LED lamp! :smack:

Amys Beauty
19-10-10, 11:03 PM
Hi Salon Geeks!

I am a new member and have found your thread very helpful.

I have just registered as a member after reading this brilliant thread.
You have given me so much information...thank you!
I currently use just the normal Jessica nail varnishes for natural manicures and pedicures.
Like all of you and my clients to i find it soooo fustrating that it only lasts a couple of days so i really want to invest in the Geleration nails.

I was wondering if any of you know whether i am able to use just the normal jessica varnishes alongside the Geleration base & top coat??? If so how do you find it lasts?
Basically i want to start off by just buying the Essentail kit and then add the Geleration colours as i go.

Hope all that makes sense :-)

I currently use the normal Jessica nail polishes for natural nail manicures/pedicures and so like most of you and my clients to i get frustrated that a polish only lasts a few days before chipping.

So i really want to get the geleration kit.
I wanted to start off by just getting the Essential Kit and then adding the Gel colours as i go.

So i wondered if any of you know whether i can use just the normal Jessica nail varnishes with the gel base & top coat???
Have any of you done this?
If so how long do you find it lasts and did you have any problems doing using them?

I would really appreciate your advice!:)
I have just registered as a member after reading this brilliant thread.
You have given me so much information...thank you!
I currently use just the normal Jessica nail varnishes for natural manicures and pedicures.
Like all of you and my clients to i find it soooo fustrating that it only lasts a couple of days so i really want to invest in the Geleration nails.

I was wondering if any of you know whether i am able to use just the normal jessica varnishes alongside the Geleration base & top coat??? If so how do you find it lasts?
Basically i want to start off by just buying the Essentail kit and then add the Geleration colours as i go.

Hope all that makes sense :-)

sineadoconnor
20-10-10, 08:58 PM
Anybody out there no why GELeration are peeling after a few days? I'm really in a pickle and my distributor / trainer has gone to Sicily for a week!
I know it's someting i'm not doing correctly but not sure what it is.

TweezerHappy
20-10-10, 09:16 PM
Anybody out there no why GELeration are peeling after a few days? I'm really in a pickle and my distributor / trainer has gone to Sicily for a week!
I know it's someting i'm not doing correctly but not sure what it is.

Can you tell us each step you are doing? One of the geleration geeks may be able to spot something.

sineadoconnor
21-10-10, 03:34 PM
FIrst prep cuticle, remove shine buffing lightly, then apply prep, start cure for 1min, then apply 1st coat color cure for 2mins, then 2nd coat cure for 2mins, topcoat cure for 2mins. Someone suggested that I am putting it on too thick and I think this maybe the problem? Would this make the whole product litterally lift / peel off?

Martin Duffy
21-10-10, 08:38 PM
After removing the shine and before applying prep you need to hold clarify-soaked cotton wool on the nail for 5 secs per nail. Are you also removing the sticky layer at the end with the clarify? If you are putting it on too thick that will contribute to the problem as the layers might not be setting properly, if need be use 3 thin layers rather than 2 thicker ones. Hope that helps!

sineadoconnor
21-10-10, 08:48 PM
WAs just wiping the nails with the clarify rather than holding it down for 5 secs. Yep i've been removing with clarify at the end too. I've just redone my mums she had them on for almost 3 weeks no issues, applied them thinly but i think i was being over generous with clients! I'll keep to the thin layers and see if that's the issue. Thanks.

ceknott
28-01-11, 10:22 PM
Do you have your LED lamps yet. I got my Gelish LED yesterday and just thought I would let you know that it is wonderful! The time it saves is amazing!!:green:

GELERATION LED lamps will shortly be for sale on Chanelegance | Draft Site for Clara Knott | Oort Design Website Development (http://www.chanelegance.com) and on Ebay towards the end of February. Just wait a bit if you want to save money on the Geleration lamps which also work with Gelish, Biosculpture, Shellac and many more.

Moosebat
28-01-11, 10:36 PM
Ebay :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Kind of says a lot about the product and I doubt the Shellac people would agree. They have their own lamp.

Just looked at your link..WHY would we need a 60 90 sec cure ? And no 10 sec... I wouldnt want to cure my Gelish for 60 sec under a LED !!

bunnit1
06-02-11, 10:07 AM
Has anyone had a problem soaking off? We haven't been on the training yet, so if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it. Application is fine it's just soaking off we are finding difficult!
Many thanks

Hi don't worry generation is really Simple to soakoff. Firstly remove surface shine with buffer. Soak some nail pads in acetone. Press pads onto top of nail and wrap foil around nail. Then pophand into a cotton mitten then into heated mitts. The gel is ready to remove in less than ten minutes. I use a cuticle stick to remover. However most of the time the gel has peeled away from the nail, and comes off when you remove the pad and foil. It's amazing!

Martin Duffy
06-02-11, 10:54 AM
I have had one other thought on this. I believe that Erase when applied to uncured product sets it dry, which is why you can't use it to clean the brush or bottle tops. If the layers you are applying are too thick the whole layer won't be cured, so when removing the erase will cure the uncured gel and make it harder to remove. Perhaps its worth applying the layers even thinner than you are and see if that works.

ckjustpamper
06-02-11, 10:47 PM
I have been cleaning my bottle tops with the erase and found that it has been work fine- would you not recommend this then ? :)

Martin Duffy
06-02-11, 10:50 PM
I was told by the rep I should use clarify as erase can dry and set uncured product, but if it hasn't done that with your bottles who knows!!

ckjustpamper
06-02-11, 10:53 PM
Oh right, well i have had no trouble yet, will keep an eye on it though, and at lease i know clarify will be suitable too now :)

JULIAJULIA
20-02-11, 12:48 PM
I have to agree with this; as someone who uses Jessica I would be a little peeved if I found a therapist on my doorstep using pro products that they'd got illegitimately. I'm sure the course for the GELeration is only 90 for the day, so it's not that expensive.

The whole reason I do Jessica is you have to be a Qualified therapits (not someone who works in a bank and does a one day manicure course at the whole salers!)
You have to do the Jessica manicure training before you can do Gelerations - clients dont realise that if they have a Jessica /Geleration then their nails are in good hands - not like biosculpture etc that can be done by anyone!
The person asking for someone to sell her products is obviously not a very good therapist. Do the training - you will get the money back in no time!:eek:

BeautibyLaura
04-04-11, 09:04 PM
Hi guys !

does anyone know where you can get the full jessica geleration kit incl light prep start and some colours for a reasonable prize ?

x

Martin Duffy
04-04-11, 10:19 PM
Jessica is only distributed officially by Gerrard International.

TinyBird
01-05-12, 09:32 PM
Hi just been reading this thread, been really helpful.

I have given up on my UV lamp today, when I did a set of Buck Naked on a client some were crinkled after curing FINISH and after rubbing over with Clarify it wiped off on some nails!

I have done Buck Naked on myself curing for 3 minutes each time and it lasted fantastically for 3 weeks. Guessing it must be my UV bulbs have reached the end of their life.

Anyway unfortunately had to soak them off and send client home gel-less. Both of us gutted but she going on holiday tomorrow, she knows my work and hope she will be back!

So.... I'm looking at LEDs. Can't afford the GELeration UV lamp and need one quick smart, also I've been reading that the GELISH Harmony 6g LED lamp is the same but re branded. No idea how much it costs.

Do any of you have experience with this, or could you recommend another reasonably price but effective LED lamp to use with GELeration please - rather desperate as have clients in Thursday!

:confused:

Lph
03-05-12, 08:50 PM
When I ordered buck naked it came with a warning note that some therapists, seemed to be uv lamps, had been struggling to get it to cure. They recommended to apply as thin a coat as poss and to double cure. I've got the led and have double cured each layer and it's been fine.

MissM1969
30-05-12, 06:52 AM
Hi ya
I used to do nails about 10 years ago and recently had Geleration done on my natural nails, I was so impressed and now my baby is 15 months old, I would like to re-train in the Geleration. Also can you put geleration on nail extensions as well as natural nails?. Where can I do this, or get in touch with Jessica to get a trainer to come to me? I've tried to google but it keeps bringing up sites in America.

Thank you for any help x

Lph
31-05-12, 06:48 AM
hi everyone if you want more info on GELeration you need to contact Gerrard International 0845 217 1370
For french i find it best to do one coat of beautiful first then cure then 2 coats of wedding gown and cure inbetween each layer, then finish gel.....
uv 2 mins, Led 30 seconds, hope that helped :) Gerrard international distribute Jessica in England. They will be able to tell you about training etc.

Belladonna12
25-08-12, 10:29 PM
Just a quick question do Jessica supply to mobiles then? X

Martin Duffy
25-08-12, 10:41 PM
They must do as I know a few mobile Jessica therapists.

Lysa.G
25-08-12, 10:58 PM
I work in a salon where we offer Geleration. Gerard Int require the that only qualified beauty therapists use their products. To do a Geleration course you have to do the Jessica one day manicure course, then the Geleration course.
I have checked with the sales rep on this. They also only sell to salons/Spas, so anyone who is mobile and is advertising this as their treatment is likely to be buying products from a non original source. Not very fair for those who do their training, buy at the right cost and sell the treatment. Makes me cross.

Martin Duffy
25-08-12, 11:14 PM
I have checked with the sales rep on this. They also only sell to salons/Spas, so anyone who is mobile and is advertising this as their treatment is likely to be buying products from a non original source. Not very fair for those who do their training, buy at the right cost and sell the treatment. Makes me cross.

That's not true, Jessica do supply mobile therapists, they even list mobile therapists on their 'search for a salon/spa/mobile therapist' page, see link below:

Gerrard (http://www.gerrardinternational.com/salonfinder/)

Lysa.G
25-08-12, 11:17 PM
Thank you for that info Martin. I'll stand corrected. I'll speak to my Gerard rep next time she in.