Jessica GELeration question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gina Ballerina

Reaction score
Hi all

Have now done my first few Jessica GELeration 3wk manicures, the response is fantastic and I am in love!!!

So far I have only done colours but on saturday I have a client in that wants a french so just wondering how you would do your french?
Would you sanwich the white? (this is what I would do with normal Jesssica polish) or would that be too many layers?

Also, are you curing each layer for one minute or two? I was sure it waws one min but the timer sets it for two mins.

Maybe one of the massive gang of Shellacers might have an answer to my french question.

Thanks y'all.

Gx

Hi,

I'm loving the GELeration too!! When I did the training they suggested one layer pink then one layer white on top, as I asked this same question because I also sandwhich the white when using their polishes. I haven't tried it yet because I'm still waiting for Blush to arrive so I'd love to hear how it goes.
As for curing start is 1 min, each layer of colour is 2 mins and finish 2 mins.

Good luck!!

Hi Kelly,

Thanks you your reply, I forgot to ask when I was being trained.

I think I'll do one pink then one white. I got beautiful instead of blush but I wish Id got the latter.

Im doing one min start, one min per colour coat and two mins for finish. (I wish they were labled 123 instead of PSF) I would do two mins for darker colours but no one has asked for them yet.

How much have you added to the your normal mani/pedi price? We've added £10.

Welcome to the new GELeration lol!

Posted via Mobile Device
does anyone no where I can buy the jessica geleration gels from I've been on the website but there not on there?...let me no please thankuuu

The website really needs updating and they've only just sent me an email advertising the treatment when Im already using it

Just call the office and your rep and they can make an order for you, you can do your training or the rep can come to you and do the training at your facility.

How are you getting on with your GELeration? Did your french go ok?

We have also got Beautiful as Blush is still on back order and have been doing one coat with one white on top but I found it a bit transparant on some nails so did 2 coats of white which was better. How are you finding it?
We've been doing a few of the confidant coral and raspberry which have come out really lovely.

We went for £10 on top of normal manicure price too, clients seem very keen. Sent out an official launch email yesterday and got 12 bookings!!

Are you sure Jessica only supply to salons? I'm sure I've seen mobile Jessica therapists & I'm sure I've seen Jessica mobile manicure kits on my order form. Have you actually contacted Jessica cosmetics themselves?

Has anyone had a problem soaking off? We haven't been on the training yet, so if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it. Application is fine it's just soaking off we are finding difficult!
Many thanks

No problems here! You just need to buff off the surface with a file to break the seal, put cotton wool soaked in the solution over the nail, wrap in foil & if you have the heated mittens put the hands in them to accelerate the removal time - voila quick removal!

Do you have your LED lamps yet. I got my Gelish LED yesterday and just thought I would let you know that it is wonderful! The time it saves is amazing!!:green:

As I had a lot of expenditure I've started with the Jessica UV lamp, but I'm already wishing I got the LED one! I might sell the UV one & get the LED one though as it will half the time & then I don't have to worry about bulbs etc. I think Teebster got the LED lamp with her start-up kit though. I think I NEEEEEED an LED lamp....!!!

You do, you do!! Really the speed of the lamps and the curing is just perfect. It is quite unbelievable really and so, so exciting. I know they seem expensive but they are going to pay for themselves over and over. Just thought I would let you know my thoughts on them, hope you don't mind! :green:

I read somewhere that you can use the Geleration base and top coat with any kind of polish, to make it last longer.
Has any one tried it? Does it really work?

Hi - I posted a thread earlier about the problem I have trying to get hold of the Geleration system from Jessica - I am not attached to a salon & due to finance restrictions I can't at the moment afford to fund myself on the training course they require you attend before using their products.

I really want to be able to offer the service as I have a couple of clients who would like to try it.

If there is anyone that would be willing to help me by purchasing the kit for me I would gladly offer them an incentive for helping me out & would of course pay for postage & packaging. I am desperate so I would love to hear from you if you are able to help me please ! If you would prefer to do it privately, please email me directly on [email protected].

Thank you so much !

Hi - I posted a thread earlier about the problem I have trying to get hold of the Geleration system from Jessica - I am not attached to a salon & due to finance restrictions I can't at the moment afford to fund myself on the training course they require you attend before using their products.

I really want to be able to offer the service as I have a couple of clients who would like to try it.

If there is anyone that would be willing to help me by purchasing the kit for me I would gladly offer them an incentive for helping me out & would of course pay for postage & packaging. I am desperate so I would love to hear from you if you are able to help me please ! If you would prefer to do it privately, please email me directly on [email protected].

Thank you so much !

It really isn't appropriate to try to persuade nail professionals to sell pro products out the back door! Gerrard Int are an extremely well respected company and I'm sure if they discovered one of their customers was selling their products like this they would cancel their account.

If you have the money for an 'incentive' and postage then just go and do the course!! I'm sure it isn't that expensive

It really isn't appropriate to try to persuade nail professionals to sell pro products out the back door! Gerrard Int are an extremely well respected company and I'm sure if they discovered one of their customers was selling their products like this they would cancel their account.

If you have the money for an 'incentive' and postage then just go and do the course!! I'm sure it isn't that expensive

I have to agree with this; as someone who uses Jessica I would be a little peeved if I found a therapist on my doorstep using pro products that they'd got illegitimately. I'm sure the course for the GELeration is only £90 for the day, so it's not that expensive.

I have just trained and ordered my GELeration start up kit today am soooooo excited:lol: Was wondering about french also, they said to apply a coat of pink then to wipe tip before curing and then apply white to the well on tip!!!! This sounds like it wont work:confused:.....help

Glad you enjoyed your training & the products!! I've been doing it as per a normal french, i.e. white tip, cure, pink over the whole, cure.

I read somewhere that you can use the Geleration base and top coat with any kind of polish, to make it last longer.
Has any one tried it? Does it really work?

Just realised I never answered this! I have tried it, but it does add time as you have to have the polish dry before you can paint on the GELeratio top coat, and although you would obviously have this issue with a normal polish service you obviously only have to wait 1 to 2 mins with the gel-polish. That said, it does extend the choice of colours, and although it doesn't last as long as the gel-polish colours it does last a lot longer than polish alone.

can i ask where you do the jessica geleration training?

Latest posts

Back