Hot Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffydreams

Reaction score
Hi all. I love waxing and have trained in general waxing with the traditional pot and spatula method.

I am looking into the possibility of using hot wax, but I have never used it. I understand that it is heated and then applied with a spatula and then removed without a strip. Is this correct?

Also, is it heated in a normal wax pot or via a different method? And, when the wax is removed from the skin, is it used again? (I heard this somewhere) Also how much on average is used for a leg wax?

I know hot wax is better for intimate waxing, I have had a request for a back, crack and sack wax but never had training in this. Just the usual leg, underarm, bikini line etc etc.

Should I do the wax anyway or go and train in it?

Confused!!

Thanks in advance xxx

Hi all. I love waxing and have trained in general waxing with the traditional pot and spatula method.

I am looking into the possibility of using hot wax, but I have never used it. I understand that it is heated and then applied with a spatula and then removed without a strip. Is this correct?

Yes. the application is very different however, to warm wax.

Also, is it heated in a normal wax pot or via a different method? And, when the wax is removed from the skin, is it used again? (I heard this somewhere) Also how much on average is used for a leg wax?

Yes, normal wax pot. No, it is not used again! You wouldn't use it for a leg wax. It's really for bikini, brazilian, underarms and face.

I know hot wax is better for intimate waxing, I have had a request for a back, crack and sack wax but never had training in this. Just the usual leg, underarm, bikini line etc etc.

Should I do the wax anyway or go and train in it?

Blimey! I don't think you should attempt a male brazilian without training :eek: And definitely not with warm wax!

Confused!!

Thanks in advance xxx

Personally, I think it's a good idea to master the art of using hot wax before embarking on brazilians, i.e. get your application technique right first and then do intimate training.

There is no doubt in my mind it is better for tender areas. It is so much kinder to the skin. I had my first ever non hot wax brazilian yesterday and all I'm going to say is NEVER AGAIN!

Yes. I won't use hot wax without training, that was a silly thing of me to say.
Supppose I was thinking of it like Minx Nails, a few people on here have said that they didn't train in it but are operating.
Thanks for the info :)
and I pity you on your wax Zo Zo lol
xx

If I were you I would do some research on hot wax... reading this might be quite useful - http://www.salongeek.com/beauty-tutorials/63145-hard-wax-hints-tips.html

Get yourself some hot wax and have a play with it on non intimate body parts. Actually practicing the application on your own legs etc will be very helpful.

I have a dvd on my website called the Whole Ball of Wax which is fab... there is a loan copy out there somewhere, Angelina221 looks after it.

The main thing is to use a drop of oil underneath it to prevent it sticking to the skin, and to aim to get your application nice and even with tidy edges and a slightly thicker lip at the edge of the strip where you are going to flick it up and pull from :hug:

Hi!

Hot wax is amazing! Ive been using it for over 5 years now. My clients love it. I use it for face, eyebrows, underarm, bikinis and brazillians.
It reduces redness with most clients, is alot less painful than strip and I find the results last longer.
Training is needed and lots of practice, but once you've got your technique you will be hooked.

Good luck x

Hi,

I love the hot wax an its ideal for the bikini and underarm as its more efficient on removing coarser hair, I wouldnt do the back sack and crack till u had some training though as ive heard its pretty hard. Also I just have a normal double wax pot 1 for hot other for cool and no u dont re-use hot wax :)

Hth

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :) xx

i have been using hot hox for many years too, i love the perron rigot hot wax, its the best ever. thalgo uk are the uk suppliers for it, i do so many hollywood and brazillian waxes, and would never do it with strip wax, perron rigot also do all sorts of training ,
the wax queen, kim lawless on here uses perron rigot she has a website too . she days training sessions too id def look into that.

: )

Latest posts

Back