First makeup kit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailAddiction

Salon Owner & Educator
Reaction score
Hi geeks!!

I am considering to do a makeup course next year at college but need to really think about it because I will be paying for it.

I've been watching loads of videos on youtube (which isn't a good idea do late at night because now I want to try it out) and just wanted to know if any of you could suggest a good college makeup kit I could buy for me to have a mess around with and to help make a decision about the makeup course!

Thank you!!

try crownsbrush.co.uk they do makeup brush sets and makeup pallettes ; )

Just bumping this up! :)

I purchased an SBC kit from beauty express, I like SBC products so this was a great find for me! It comes with everything you would need.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I will have a look at that kit! Thank you :)

I will have a look at that kit! Thank you :)

Hi, I am biased by the way. Feel I need to say that. We provide professional makeup kits to recognised colleges to comply with NVQ requirements.

However the makeup we supply is real professional makeup that we use every day on films, TV, theatre, editorials and catwalk.

See our facebook for pictures and proof of our stuff on Vogue.com, fashion weeks, Celebrity Big Brother, Fossil the film, Scartissue the film and the National Television Awards next week. Artdeco - Health/Beauty - Liverpool, United Kingdom | Facebook

On our twitter today you will see multiple famous celebs and pro makeup artists mentioning and shouting out about the cult brand Artdeco. Twitter

Most importantly to you despite it being a college "kit" you will want to use it outside of college, a real rarity because we only give you the best.

Kits range from £90 to £150 for a professional college kit. You can get cheaper and even way cheaper, if you do look at these you are better buying a vanity box and shopping in Superdrug, my opinion as a Pro MUA.

Please contact [email protected] or 0151 421 1234 for advice from Hayley/Ashleigh or Emma.

www.artdeco.de to see some of the 1600+ pro products and example on-trend looks.

Top tip: Learn and train with good pro products and then stay with good pro products all your career. Staying power and high pigmentation should be absolute basics for pro products.

Attachments

• 21-01-2012 14-40-43.jpg
    21-01-2012 14-40-43.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 21-01-2012 13-43-53.jpg
    21-01-2012 13-43-53.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 165
Artdeco products are brilliant!

we also use Victoria Loves Beauty make up brushes :)

hth

x

Thank you for your help geeks!! I will be having a look into them :)

I used an SBC kit when I trained at college, the quality was much better than the one they recommended us!! They are fairly cheap to pick up, only problem was mine didn't come with brushes!!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back