Advice on setting up a spray tanning business please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to Salon Geek, I've been researching spray tan machines/solutions etc as I am looking to start a mobile spray tanning business and while searching the internet Salon Geek came up a lot and you all seem very knowledgeable so I hope you can help!

I am looking for advice on which machine is the best to buy and which solution to go for? Also, I have a spray tanning certificate which I got with St Tropez from working in a salon as an employee so is that enough or do I need to go on another course to be able to use a different solution and to get insurance?

There are sooo many different machines and solutions that I have no idea which to go for and I'm worried about going for the wrong ones.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :wink2:

Did you do an actual spray tanning course? If not then yes you do need to go on a certified course.

I currently have the hvlp5008 machine which does a lot of tans per day get anything smaller and you won't be able to do as many- but I do believe they have bought out an upgraded version if mine.

I trained with nouvatan. I use their solution and la tan - these are both my fave

You don't need to be trained in a specific brand to use their solution - aslong as you have a tanning certificate you can choose whatever solution you want.

I brought my kit from la tan as it was a lot cheaper than what other tanning companies were so make sure you shop around for you machine and tent to get the best deal

Hth x x x x x

:biggrin:Thanks for the reply!

I'm not really sure if it was classed as a course as such, the St Tropez rep came into the salon where I worked and trained me, I had to do a written exam as well as a practical assessment and I got a certificate.

The hvlp 5008 has popped up a lot and I've only heard good things about it so I think I will go with that but I will definately shop around, thanks! Is Nouvatan new? I haven't heard of it before, i've heard of la tan though.

Thanks again.

I think your certificate should be more than fine then Hun. When you set up your insurance just ask them anyway.

Get some samples of solutions from diff companies and test them out an see which one you think is best,which one lasts longest with a good fade off,one that doesn't go patchy and one that isn't orangey.

X x

OK great, yeah I'll do that, thanks again for your advice, much appreciated! xx

Latest posts

Back