Need advice regarding my face :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi_xxx

Reaction score
Just after a bit of advice please
I've recently broke out in spots all over my face, looks like acne but I don't suffer from that
Think it is due to stress? I'm not confident anyway in my appearance and wear make up any chance I get
I'm pale skinned and it just looks really ugly, red blotches on my face and whatnot.

I am doing facials in college soon and I am really worried about having to take my make up off.
I've tried to fake tan my face but it doesn't seem to catch colour very well!

Desperately NEED advice!
Thankyou ladies :) (and guys!)

I feel your pain :(

Over the last few months I have been getting spots on my face and little bumps under my skin so when the sun is shining on my face you can see them :(

Never had a prob with spots before, prob only wear make up 1-2 times a week and rarely spray tan myself because if I do I get spots on my face and also on my back.

Hope you get your spots sorted :) x x

Are you following a skin care routine with a good product at the moment?

Has your diet changed recently or had any illness?

Getting breakouts like this can be from a number of different reasons.

I know how you feel my skin is usually clear but every so often I break out. Mainly when I've been run down.

See your gp to see if they can help as it may be a hormonal. But my main advice is to stick reliously to a good skin care routine (if your not already)with good quality products thats have been recommended to you for your skin and the usual healthy diet and plenty of water.

Atleast when you have qualifed in facials you will be more sympathetic to your clients skin worries

Hope ive helped hun and not just stated obvious things lol:biggrin:

When someone is under stress they tend to change the way they eat, either comfort eating or hardly eating at all, both of these could give a sudden outburst, or too much chocolate

are you maybe just allergic to something youve just started using

Me too!! A few days ago :( But only on my cheeks! It's lots and lots of tiny spot like bumps. Under make up it looks like in trying to cover acne.

Usually my skins quite clear from spots, so not sure what's happened or if I've had a reaction to anything. It feels scaley to touch, but I've not used anything different. Weird xx

I know I'm not allergic to anything, I cleanse, tone and moisturise every night
I am under a lot of stress lately, about to lose my job.. have no money whatsoever
My diet hasn't changed though I dont think

Thanks for all your comments guys x

Your the same as me sammi - lost my job before Xmas cz I was bullied at work and the managers did f all about it so had to leave as nearly had a break down at work - which means no money, looking after 2 children, house etc and trying to get my business of the ground in major rent arrears and can't find a job anywhere.

I have 2 meals a day and snacks I eat when I'm hungry but always have breakfast but feeling so down and depressed I dont want to do anything.

I don't wear make up apart if I'm going out with the kids at the weekend but always cleanse my face.

Think it is prob due to stress and the way I'm feeling need to get myself out of the rut and happy again lol and maybe my spots will disappear
X x x

Stress could definitely be a factor. It can do some horrible things to us!

Sorry you ladies are having such a bad time, I'm crossing my fingers things turn around for you soon!

Hi, I feel for you who are suffering from spots its not always in our control when its caused by stress etc.
All i can advise is the usual, drink lots of water. Warmer water is best like hot water and lemon or herbal teas as they are easyer for the body to digest (espcially in this weather!) I'm not usre if you all do skin care or nails or anything else but if you don't do skincare then heres a things that i find help keep those pesky spots under control!

-Lavender water as a toner (its an astringent but also not to harsh)
-don't stop moisturizing even if you are oily as this means small pieces of dry skin -catch in pores and can create more problems
-i use a neals yard yarrow and comfrey cream which is amazing on spots but still rich enough!
-a facial scrub twice a week with kaolin in so it draws from the skin
-and a clay based mask always help again possibly with an astringent in.
-and when cleansing skin you can use a muslin cloth or japenese face cloth morning and night with any cleanser

and most importantly sounds like you need some relaxation time to yourself if you can! hope this helps!!!

Your the same as me sammi - lost my job before Xmas cz I was bullied at work and the managers did f all about it so had to leave as nearly had a break down at work - which means no money, looking after 2 children, house etc and trying to get my business of the ground in major rent arrears and can't find a job anywhere.

I have 2 meals a day and snacks I eat when I'm hungry but always have breakfast but feeling so down and depressed I dont want to do anything.

I don't wear make up apart if I'm going out with the kids at the weekend but always cleanse my face.

Think it is prob due to stress and the way I'm feeling need to get myself out of the rut and happy again lol and maybe my spots will disappear
X x x
Its horrible isn't it! :(
Take a bit of time for yourself, and you defiantly need to eat properly xx

Hi, I feel for you who are suffering from spots its not always in our control when its caused by stress etc.
All i can advise is the usual, drink lots of water. Warmer water is best like hot water and lemon or herbal teas as they are easyer for the body to digest (espcially in this weather!) I'm not usre if you all do skin care or nails or anything else but if you don't do skincare then heres a things that i find help keep those pesky spots under control!

-Lavender water as a toner (its an astringent but also not to harsh)
-don't stop moisturizing even if you are oily as this means small pieces of dry skin -catch in pores and can create more problems
-i use a neals yard yarrow and comfrey cream which is amazing on spots but still rich enough!
-a facial scrub twice a week with kaolin in so it draws from the skin
-and a clay based mask always help again possibly with an astringent in.
-and when cleansing skin you can use a muslin cloth or japenese face cloth morning and night with any cleanser

and most importantly sounds like you need some relaxation time to yourself if you can! hope this helps!!!
Thanks alot for your tips!
I have a night to myself once a week and just pamper myself :) I just need to chill out and stop being a stress head, so hard being a woman, men don't have all these problems :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back