Roller on an intimate wax and other questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigoletto

Reaction score
apologies if this should go in the consumer bit..

I was wondering if it's normal to use a roller on an intimate wax ie a hollywood? My eldest went for her first ever today and the therapist used a roller. After the therapist couldn't remove the hair after three attempts in the same patch, she didn't apply anything else. She didn't do anything to remove the wax residues - I can still see them some 10 hours later. Does some kind of cooling lotion get applied afterwards...I know from experience years ago that they use to do it on legs?

She also had a top lip and eyebrow wax and aside from the fact the brows are uneven, they feel really seriously sticky and look really shiny..is that normal?

You can do a Hollywood with a roller however it is very difficult to reach certain areas, there should be no hair after a wax at all, I would go back and complain to the manager or speak to the therapist. After wax should be applied to the waxed area and for no reason at all the area should still have wax there! I would go back and complain hun!

I could scream when I read this! You cannot do a proper intimate wax with a roller. No way!

Aww Kim, I'm so grateful to you for taking the time to reply.

Thanks also Little_Doll - you're so kind to help.

After re-reading, I'm not sure if I explained properly. Basically, the therapist tried a test patch for a hollywood with a roller - she tried three times to remove hair but then gave up but left the remaining wax residues on the hair.

Also, her brow skin is now really puffy and swollen - so they look really droopy - is this normal?

Last edited:
The therapist I work with used to use roller wax for bikini and hollywood waxes, very successfully I might add. I then introduced her to the joys of non-strip wax and she will only use hot wax now.
She is a very experienced therapist though.
I always apply oil after waxing and this will get rid of any wax residue. I would then apply moisturing milk and refreshing gel.
I would go back to the salon and voice your concerns.

Kim and myself don't always agree on waxing methods but I think we respect eachother and I can safely say that we are both in total agreement over this one!

I am speechless! :wink2:

I've never known anywhere to do roller waxing on a hollywood.

If she couldn't even remove a tiny section for a patch test, i definitely wouldn't want to go back for the full thing.

You should always apply some form of afterwax lotion.

Your daughter could use some baby oil to remove the wax residue on the bikini line and a cold compress and perhaps some aloe vera on the eyebrows. It isn't normal to have droopy brows, unless there has been some kind of reaction.

HTH xx

I dont use roller wax any more simply because I got fed up trying to keep the roller system clean, but when I did use it I was only for legs and sometimes backs - never bikini or eyebrows :eek:

Well thanks guys. She's going to try and go back after work.

Unfortunately both eyelids are now swollen and she doesn't have any eyelids, bless her. Her top lip is also swollen - at the first attempt, the therapist allegedly didn't tell her to stretch her lip over her teeth, so it was "yanked" and my daughter said it felt painful. On the second "sweep" she told her to stretch.
Poor girl - she has to face clients today looking like she's done three rounds with Mike Tyson :eek:

Is it normal to swell like this - she didn't after the last eyebrow wax at the same salon three weeks ago?

Kim and myself don't always agree on waxing methods but I think we respect eachother and I can safely say that we are both in total agreement over this one!

I am speechless! :wink2:

Ditto.

That swelling sounds a bit extreme. Maybe your daughter could book an appointment with her GP tomorrow just to check that she hasn't had an allergic reaction to anything xx

In the first instance I'd phone the salon, speak to the manager explain what has happened and let her know your daughter will going to the GP tomorrow. The therapist should have stretched the skin for your daughter and not expected her to know to do it herself!

Baby oil will get the wax off but seriously I wouldn't allow anyone to carry out an intimate wax with a roller! Google hot wax in 'your area' or perron rigot in 'your area' or Lycon in 'your area' that way you're more likely to get a pro.

Good luck

sounds like the therapist was inexperienced, no excuse for sloppy-ness though.

I'd like to say a huge thanks to everyone for helping - I appreciate it so much:hug:
After an "interesting" day...I've taken the reliable advice of the fab geeks on here and we'll be looking for someone who does hot waxing in our area:wink2: Ideally, they'll be Kim Lawless trained:wink2:

I honestly don't know where I'd be without this site and everyone is so amazing - truly inspiring:hug::Love:

Kim and myself don't always agree on waxing methods
Don't we? I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say that I rarely read who the poster is, I just read the post and reply. Only because I have the worst memory. But I'm delighted we agree:) xx

I'd like to say a huge thanks to everyone for helping
It's so nice that you've come back to this thread to read all the replies. Often people ask for geeks advice which everyone gives freely and with good intentions and then you sometimes find that they don't come back to read the replies, let alone thank everyone that has helped. Good for you!

Pigoletto where are you based? Maybe some geeks here could help you?

We're in the North East Essex/South East Suffolk area

Ah that's nowhere near me. Hopefully someone might come along though.

Latest posts

Back