Which wax is best for Lip Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella771

Reaction score
Hi which wax is best to use for lip wax? I have lycon hot wax and lycon warm wax? I usually use the hot wax one on clients that just have a few hairs at the corners, client i have tonight has full hair on her upper lip, should i use the lycon strip wax for this or lycon hot wax? and if so what is the best way you would recomened using it ,single patches at each corner and one over upper lip?

Any suggestions is great appreciated.

Thanks ;)

I would use hard wax, fairly thinly, and applied firmly, with oil underneath.

I would apply rom the middle to the outer corner.

non strip wax with a little aloe vera or tea tree afterwax cream.

hi, i am also interested in this as i find that with he hot wax a couple of my customers get lots of littlw white spots but not with the strip wax? would anyone know why that is? thats why i stuck to strip wax as fiddley as it is!

I use Lycon as well and i split the lip into three sections. I find using strip wax (very thin) on each side is most effective especially on wiskery type hair and for the fluffies at the corners but make sure you really imbed the hair by gently rubbing over the strip a few times (get a good grip and support the skin) as you dont want to do this more than once. I then use a patch of hot wax under the nose/upperlip.

Bumper: I'm not sure what or why the little white spots? I havent seen that before. Id be eager to read other geeks responses to that question too.

thanks for all the comments. Yeah i just find the lycon hot wax a bit tricky on the lip as its applied against the hair growth and removed against, where as with the strip i can apply with the direction of growth. i will see how it goes thanks :)

The Lycon hot and lycojet waxes are applied with the hair growth on facial areas, never against. The skin is too sensitive.

They are applied against and removed against everywhere except facial areas and when waxing the labia during intimate waxing.

hi, i am also interested in this as i find that with he hot wax a couple of my customers get lots of littlw white spots but not with the strip wax? would anyone know why that is? thats why i stuck to strip wax as fiddley as it is!

It's normal for some people's lip line to breakout post wax. Mine did for years. Those little white spots are so embarrassing.

Most people don't see their clients post wax, and this IS a normal reaction. Is it quite likely that other customers have had breakouts that you don't know of, and it is just a coincidence that the few who you do know of used the same wax.

Latest posts

Back