How popular are spray tan tattoos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roisin_x

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was looking online for some spray tan disposables and came accross spray tan tattoos. I'd never heard of them or even heard of anybody getting them but they seem to be like little stencils that stick to the skin so that when your spray tan has developed you have an un-tanned part thats in the shape of something. Spray Tanning Tattoos 244 tattoos (HIGH MARGIN FOR RESALE). Spr

I was wondering if anybody uses them and could tell me how popular they are? Although they're not quite my taste they seem like a good way of making some extra money but I'm not sure wether they are a fad that has been and gone or hasn't quite taken off as like I said I've never heard of or seen them before.

x x x

I havent seen them before either but they sound like they may be popular with younger people? x

I have clients that wear thongs/knickers with designs that do the same thing. Although its not initially intentional they all love it when they are left with a random pattern or flower!;)

I've never heard of them but I'm curious now lol

Hmm.. think they might be one of those things where you have to buy them and try them to see how popular they are. I don't think anywhere in my area does them so it might make me stand out a bit... fingers crossed anyway lol x

Or find a nice image you like, cut around it and then 'glue' it to your skin when your getting tanned/sunbed and then take it off when your finished!
That is a total rip off lol
Your paying for a sticker!!!! Go to Pound Land!:D

Or find a nice image you like, cut around it and then 'glue' it to your skin when your getting tanned/sunbed and then take it off when your finished!
That is a total rip off lol
Your paying for a sticker!!!! Go to Pound Land!:D
That's a great idea! :D x

That's a great idea! :D x

Hi all, just responding to the comments regarding the tanning tatoos, i would like to clear the comment up of the tatoos being a "rip-off " as qouted as this does not reflect well on our company. As it is aimed towards our business link. This is the last thing we want customers to be led to believe. So would like to clear the issue :

firstly yes tatoo stencils can be made proviso of a good enough material as to not absorb fluid therefore not affecting results as thinner material will allow the tan to absorb through. Also the correct adhesive should be used as not to damage the skin and non toxic, if doing this please note material costings and also time (labour costings) to produce 282 units individually.
i have also seen different methods used as reference cut outs on clothing knickers etc... which also leave tanning prints and look good :)

the tatoos have to be of a minimum size as if to small or plenty of little details the tatoos will not define properly. All of our tatoos are made from non-absorbant material, and defined specifically for the best overall definition when tanning.

Our tatoos are on average 40mmx30mm in size and in total the tatoos unroll into 1.8m of material used, manufactured in smaller quantity in the uk. not millions in china etc.. therefore seperating us from poundland stickers, in the above ways.

The costings also include 1st class recorded delivery.

each tatoo costings to salons are 7p (charging 50p-£1) on top of treatments.

hope this helps regards

brownbitz team :)

I have always offered them and have only ever used 2 on clients.
I now use a heart shaped one when I go on the sunbed, so I can see the colour difference :)
x

I tried them on a few clients when I first started..no real interest in them so stopped...

Also I got the stickers in arts and crafts stores...did not cost much so never charged clients....still wasn't much interest lol hth 😄

hi again all, I can understand the demand scenario in certain circumstances i.e this depends on the target area and clientelle and the sales marketing if charging as an option :), We currently have customers who are doing really well for, mobile and salon with the spray tatoos. The best advice I can recommend is speak to your clientelle first and get there opinions if they would use these before sourcing/making a decision
thank you and good luck
brownbitz

I have made suggestions for my clients after purchasing Tattoo stencil in many designs from Beauty Show in London capital. Not one of my clients has made use.

It is good idea but will maybe not catch on.

Latest posts

Back