Mac Makeup Course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazzybabe

Reaction score
Does anyone know if mac do any makeup courses ive always wanted to learn makeup professionally and i use these products myself so really interested if any one can help me out:hug:

Hi,
I dont think mac do make up courses themselves (however i may be wrong).
However if you go on this link MAC Cosmetics UK | Store Locator and type in your nearest store, they sometimes do events where you can learn the make up :) Hope this helps xx

There are certain make-up schools that are MAC 'approved' - or that brand themselves that way. School of Makeup in Stockport uses MAC in their college kits and you get a MAC student discount card when you study there - although I have no clue how much involvement they actually have with MAC. As far as I know, you need to be a make-up artist already before you work for MAC, they don't train people from scratch and don't offer proper courses.

What area are you in? In the north west, there's School of Make up (which seems to be popular, lots of the working make-up artists round here have been there - tis expensive though, I'm still saving up!) also there's North West Media Make-up School and then in London there's Greasepaint (the best known I would say) and London Muse and London Academy of Freelance Make-up.

If you contact MAC they may be able to give you a list of approved courses (i.e. courses where they will give you a MAC student discount card once you're enrolled). They are very slow at getting back to you though so might be hard work to contact them.

my daughter has started the professional makeup artist course with

http://www.aofmakeup.com/

- im 99% she will qualify for ongoing free workshops with the likes of MAC and illamasqua etc - she will also get to work backstage at london fashion week which she's really excited about .. has cost us small fortune though, but been saving since she was 15 and first expressed an interest in makeup as a career choice

Latest posts

Back