Eyelash glue and HRT?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaCherry

Reaction score
Hi, everyone, this is my first time posting :)
I have this client who has come to me for lashes, even though she said she has had them before I did a skin test, which was fine, but after a day of having the lashes on he eyes started itching and was very sore so I removed them for her, she still wanted lashes on and was willing to try again so I tried a different glue, skin test was fine so I went ahead and did the lashes for her, but the same thing happened, and she's still determined to have lashes, we both think it might be the HRT she is taking as her skin has changed since taking it,
Has anyone else had this problem with a client and is there a glue that you could suggest, I've tried salon systems individual lash glue and glam lash glue,
Thanks x

Yes, it could be the HRT or it could just be that she is becoming sensitive to the glue. (This can happen after a while).

I know this gets debated on here quite regularly (and debate is always good) but this is why I think patch tests should be carried out by applying a few test lashes, rather than testing glue on the skin

Of course, you have to test according to the advice of your training provider.

However, I have no reaction at all if I get glue on my skin, but if I even have a few lashes applied, my eyes swell up very quickly and I have a really bad reaction.

Perhaps you could test her with a low odour/sensitive glue? (Although I haven't had much success with these myself)

Thanks for your reply, I was told to skin test but putting a few lashes on seems a good idea as both skin tests came out fine, il try a glue for sensitive skin and see if it works, she's so determined to have lashes bless her. X

Sorry, you wouldn't happen to know a name of a glue for sensitive skin would you? X

Latest posts

Back