HD brows..fab or total fad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraLush

Reaction score
Hi all,
So come on.. I need to know! Do I invest the LOT of money it costs to train and get this in salon or not??
Thanks geeks, Laura xx

They are definitely popular, one of my spray tan clients does them mobile & she does get a LOT of interest, saying that though... I wouldn't personally pay £25+ to get them done, I have mine waxed, tinted & tweezed every 6-8 weeks only costs £10 & they always look fab so i doubt id bother getting hd's, sorry if I wasn't much help lol just wanted to give my opinion x x

Iv had them done once, and although they look really good. Like above says you can just tint and wax for cheaper than put your brow pencil over.
I grew my eyebrows for the hd experience, so i reckon I loved them more because of just having them reshaped.
Since having them done I have kept the shape and just plucked.

It may be a tad of a rip off tbh! :O

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I do an eyebrow enhancement treatment for £15,

I'm trained in waxing, threading, tinting, plucking and trimming. So didn't see a need to train, I get lots of clients with this, even people who had hd, they all say it's the same but cheaper.

I would love to do hds tho as they are amazing and you learn loads (so I'm told) just can't afford it.

Iv just booked in to have HD brows this week, very excited, I really hope it lives up to my expectations lol.

I also Thread, Tint, Shape my clients brows, usually when they are laying there having their lashes done, I mention that I could just "tidy up" their brows, after that they are hooked and voila a new brow client :D

But back to the HD brows, I will have them done this time, see what I think and then probably maintain it myself!!!

I will try to remember to let you know how I get on :)

Iv just booked in to have HD brows this week, very excited, I really hope it lives up to my expectations lol.

I also Thread, Tint, Shape my clients brows, usually when they are laying there having their lashes done, I mention that I could just "tidy up" their brows, after that they are hooked and voila a new brow client :D

But back to the HD brows, I will have them done this time, see what I think and then probably maintain it myself!!!

I will try to remember to let you know how I get on :)

Please can you post before and after pics, I would love them done but they aren't widely available in my area so would love to see yours :) xx

I did the course in November and cant complain at all. Very busy with bookings.

The brand is strong, people want HD Brows not something similar.

Id say do it xXx

My eyebrows are quite sparse and light.

Even if I left them for a few months they wouldnt be bushy, I really want to get HD done to re shape and re design them.

Does anyone know if you can have this done if you have thin eyebrows?

same here Im already trained in tinting, threading, makeup and Waxing so didnt see the point of shelling out £100s for someone to teach me something I already knew. We offer a treatment called 5 step brow (Tint, Thread, Wax, Pluck and Define using pencil)

My commercial antenna is calling HD brows as a fad. Training costs are high because they know their "moment" is gonna be brief.

2 of my daughters have had them done as they were all the rage at college (how do they afford it?!) one was happy with the results, the other not - it was quite shocking, did a double take when i first saw the results, strange as they both had them done at the same salon
needless to say they havent kept them up, and dont think their friends at college have - although that could perhaps be a financial thing ?

I was thinking about doing the training too but I do think it is over priced for what it is. I think of your good at reshaping, tinting and that I think your eyebrows will just be as good if not better :) xxx

I think the only difference is they use a special dye not like our standard tint. I believe it dyes the skin as well giving it a more deeper fuller look. Am i right?
If you could buy that dye and you can do the rest then no need to train unless you want the name.

hi ladys i had mine done first week of dec 2011 and i really loved them but for the money it was a offer so i didn't mind paying just a little over £20 but about 3 weeks later the tint come out so i just went bk doing them my self. But the treatment lasted 45 min and i liked the experience but i can do the waxing myself .

i think if the prices went dwn it would get more ppl as most salons do the treatment for half the price but its the name you pay for .

I think the only difference is they use a special dye not like our standard tint. I believe it dyes the skin as well giving it a more deeper fuller look. Am i right?
If you could buy that dye and you can do the rest then no need to train unless you want the name.

No its regular tint.Its Hairwell you can get it from HOF.

I had mine done last Monday.

Happy (ish) with the result, one brow is slightly higher than the other which I've never noticed before, but I was told it's quite common. I'm not sure that's true as in 40 years of looking at my face every day I feel sure I'd have noticed???

The tint wasn't quite dark enough for me (but I did tell her not to make them look like slugs so that's probably my fault)

The main thing is I felt a bit "cheated" in that she only waxed, tinted and tweezed.

The whole hype of the 7 stage process giving you an amazing brow is what I was paying for and I didn't get it. If anyone wants to show me how it's done properly, I'd be delighted, but I won't be going back to the salon at which I was treated.

Personally, I'd save the money and learn how to do it other ways. HTH

You pay for the brand? - but unless you are walking about with 'hd brows' tinted onto the skin - who is going to know that they are hd brows?

A fad - but very clever at that - people are still talking about them.

I had mine done last Monday.

Happy (ish) with the result, one brow is slightly higher than the other which I've never noticed before, but I was told it's quite common. I'm not sure that's true as in 40 years of looking at my face every day I feel sure I'd have noticed???

No one's face is symeterical - and once its pointed out to you and you see the drop on one side of the face you wonder how you have never noticed this before. We all have a side that drops slightly which now your brows are more prominent you will notice that one is naturally higher than the other.
xx

My commercial antenna is calling HD brows as a fad. Training costs are high because they know their "moment" is gonna be brief.

I agree with this. I listened to what everybody had to say about it, researched it and had it done and basically ended up with a very good eyebrow shape and tint. Still don't get why it is such a "phenomenon"

I just qualified last Monday in HD brows, to be honest the training was expensive but feel you got what you paid for. Since monday I have done 8 treatments and have 12 people booked in. Love the products and the brand is very strong. Think it's been a great investment,

Latest posts

Back