Spots after lip wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jillyflower

Reaction score
Hi I wonder if any one can offer some advice.
I've been waxing for quite a number of years and never really come across this problem before, Two weeks ago I waxed a 16 year old girls top lip (it really did need to be done). She broke out in white spots the next day and they still haven't cleared up. I haven't waxed her before and she hasn't complained I only know about it because her sister is my sons girlfriend. Apparently she suffers with teenage spots but these seem to have appeared since the waxing. (on the top lip not teenage spots) Do you think it is something I've done or is this just because of her existing teenage skin problem?

Hi there, It could be a number of reasons.. She may have touched over the area with her hands (prob not even realising she has), put make up on over the area... x

Its likely that it is a histamine reaction.Lymph has flooded to the area through trauma which has then produced the white spots.She can take an anti histamine before and after the wax. Generally the spotting will stop when she has had a few more waxes.

It's nothing you have done ,don't worry. I have been waxing my upper lip for more than a year, and still break out in white spots afterwards. I only get a couple now, but it used to be much worse. Some people just get it, waxing is simply not made for them.

It's nothing you have done ,don't worry. I have been waxing my upper lip for more than a year, and still break out in white spots afterwards. I only get a couple now, but it used to be much worse. Some people just get it, waxing is simply not made for them.
I'm the same, I only get one or two tiny ones now as the area is less sensitive because I have been waxing it for a while. I use Cetuem Aromatherapy after wax oil and if I leave it on overnight after a lipwax it really helps x

I think it may be an allergic reaction or reactions of some sort, i have had this happen to me. She is also young and if this is her first wax her skin has probably gone into shock !!! as its such a sensitive area.

If I have anyone new or a bit sensitive (also back waxes etc) i put an antihistamine cream on then an afterwax cream. Sometimes I also use a EMLA cream (numbing cream takes some of the sting away) prior to waxing.

Hope that helps xx

I've waxed my lip for years and I get spots every time, I have tried everything to stop it from different wax, oils, cream etc and nothing works, I think it just one of those things.xx

Thanks for all the advice. Just wondered where you get the EMLA cream from?

I get them really bad I leave a thin layer of sudacream on and I don't get any! Amazing stuff that cream is! :)

it seems that this is a quiet often in some clients of mine. when i work in a lady (in her salon, a lot of people had the same problem)she advised me thefollowing.
1. before wax, apply an antiseptic to clean the area
2. after wax, do high frequency current using a cream
3. advice the client to clean very thorough the area (something like anti bac wash of eve taylor) generally a product that you use to clean the face where it is acne prone

also this phenomen is very ofetn if you do waxing on males (back ex)

Thanks for all the advice. Just wondered where you get the EMLA cream from?

You can get it over the counter at chemists or you can buy it from online pharmacies. xx

Emla is quite an expensive option and lip waxing shouldn't hurt and should be over in a second. Nice, kind thought though.

I find that applying Sudocrem (nappy rash creme) straight after stops the spots.

Latest posts

Back