Spray tan....cost per treatment ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cath4512

Reaction score
I am wanting to offer spray tanning as an add on to ym existing treatments. I am getting the HPLV 5008, but dont know which tan to go for.

I was thinking of maybe beachbum ( after lots of research ). Does anyone have a cost per service worked out please? If not for beachbum, for any of the tans.

Thanks geeks :)

I don't know about beach bum price per tan but on my Sienna X training I was told about £*. hth. X :)

Last edited:
I worked out the cost per person for sticky feet, hats, pants, aftercare cards, approx barrier cream etc

As i am fairly new to spray tanning i worked upon using no more than 75ml of solution per person and divided the 1litre cost by 15 to get a price per head. I have marked a tally on the side of the bottle so thA once finished I will actually know how many I did get out of the litre.

The main variable is the solution and what deal you can get when purchasing larger quantities this could lower the cost considerably but you have to able to use it before it goes off! Hope that makes sense :confused:

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am not sure if it is appropriate to publicly discuss costs of the treatments.

Please remember that our customers can read all articles and threads on SalonGeek.

This problem has been discussed here several times.

Cheerio x

Hi guys, I am not sure if it is appropriate to publicly discuss costs of the treatments.

Please remember that our customers can read all articles and threads on SalonGeek.

Cheerio x

I have removed the cost, sorry still had my morning head on when I posted. :|

Cheerio x

Sorry... New to all this... Have updated x

could you PM me your prices please?
I am undecided on which tan to use....there are so many.

No-one elses prices will be acurate to you.

To find out a cost per service you must list everything you will use to complete that treatment.

Hat
Thong
Solution
Anibacterial cleaning wipes
ect..

Then price each item, for example if you buy 100 disposable hats for £10.00 then you would divide the cost by 100 to get a price per hat and write that next to the item on the list.

Hat ........................ 0.1
Thong .................... 0.50
Solution ................. 3.00
Anti bac wipes ........ 0.75

(*All prices above are totally fictional).

Some people use towels in the bottom of their tents so you have washing powder and electric costs where others will use sticky feet, the cost of insurance can differ greatly so a cost per service will be affected and some people are busier than others so that too will affect the cost per treatment for things like insurance.

When you have added everything you use to do the treatment including cleaning and insurance, rent, petrol ect.. then you will have YOUR cost per treatment.

No-one elses prices will be acurate to you.

To find out a cost per service you must list everything you will use to complete that treatment.

Hat
Thong
Solution
Anibacterial cleaning wipes
ect..

Then price each item, for example if you buy 100 disposable hats for £10.00 then you would divide the cost by 100 to get a price per hat and write that next to the item on the list.

Hat ........................ 0.1
Thong .................... 0.50
Solution ................. 3.00
Anti bac wipes ........ 0.75

(*All prices above are totally fictional).

Some people use towels in the bottom of their tents so you have washing powder and electric costs where others will use sticky feet, the cost of insurance can differ greatly so a cost per service will be affected and some people are busier than others so that too will affect the cost per treatment for things like insurance.

When you have added everything you use to do the treatment including cleaning and insurance, rent, petrol ect.. then you will have YOUR cost per treatment.

Thanks for that, I can work out the consumables, I just dont know how much tanning solution to use per person in my calculations. Do you know approx how many mls are used for one full tan?
Thanks Cath x

Thanks for that, I can work out the consumables, I just dont know how much tanning solution to use per person in my calculations. Do you know approx how many mls are used for one full tan?
Thanks Cath x
For a newly qualified tech it will be more than an experienced tech.

As a newly qualified tech you would be aiming to use aprox 50ml.

If you search the site you will find some new therapists use as much as 150ml in their first few tans but they quickly learn how to set the gun and perfect the routine so that they get the usage down to around 50ml.

When you become more confident and find the correct solution for you & your clients you should be able to get down to using aprox 40ml per tan.

When I first did my calculations I worked it out based on 18 tans per litre and then I upped it to 20 tans per litre after I had got more confident and now I work it out at 22 tans per litre as I know my gun settings.

HTH

For a newly qualified tech it will be more than an experienced tech.

As a newly qualified tech you would be aiming to use aprox 50ml.

If you search the site you will find some new therapists use as much as 150ml in their first few tans but they quickly learn how to set the gun and perfect the routine so that they get the usage down to around 50ml.

When you become more confident and find the correct solution for you & your clients you should be able to get down to using aprox 40ml per tan.

When I first did my calculations I worked it out based on 18 tans per litre and then I upped it to 20 tans per litre after I had got more confident and now I work it out at 22 tans per litre as I know my gun settings.

HTH

Thanks baggybear, thats a great help :)

Latest posts

Back