What order do you spray tan in.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michmaryp

Reaction score
Hi I just finished my spray tan course, I was wondering what is the order geeks spray the different body parts in. We was taught by fake bake and the book they gave us says a different order to which they taught us. So I was wondering what have you found to be the best order ?
Thank you

Hi I just finished my spray tan course, I was wondering what is the order geeks spray the different body parts in. We was taught by fake bake and the book they gave us says a different order to which they taught us. So I was wondering what have you found to be the best order ?
Thank you

I was trained to spray the front of the body first but I quickly changed to spraying the back first, I was also taught to spray the arms in a ridiculous position which I couldn't reach to spray so I've changed that part too. I'd say to continue to spray how you was taught, get used to it & then you can chop & change your routine, if you start to change it being so new you may confuse yourself & forget parts of the body.. It's so easily done x

I was trained to spray the front of the body first but I quickly changed to spraying the back first, I was also taught to spray the arms in a ridiculous position which I couldn't reach to spray so I've changed that part too. I'd say to continue to spray how you was taught, get used to it & then you can chop & change your routine, if you start to change it being so new you may confuse yourself & forget parts of the body.. It's so easily done x

Thanks yes I wouldn't want them to have white bits where I have missed an arm etc. I will continue the way I was taught I'm sure I will get used to it and maybe decide its easier another way. We was taught the top part of the body first then arms then legs all at the front then side then back and side again. I am just practising at the moment but have people that want tans next week, so I'm doing as much research as I can. Thank you x

I start with the back and then move on to either side then front and face last then just check over to make sure i havent missed any this is the way i was taught and it seems to work

I start with the back and then move on to either side then front and face last then just check over to make sure i havent missed any this is the way i was taught and it seems to work

Thanks it seems different people were taught different ways, what confused me was the training booklet pictures were not the way she taught us. I think I will most probably find the best way to suit me once I get used to it
X

I was taught so do:

Front legs
Feet
Spray inner leg and outer leg twist and do same on otherside
Back of legs

Arms
Tummy
Neck and chest
Back
Face
Ears and over shoulder

I think you are best to write down the order as reference so you know you have covered every body part in your sequence. I made changes after a few spray tans as in could then see what changes would help make the routine easier.

Xx

Xx

I do back, front, sides with arms forward, inner thighs and arms, face, neck, hands. I also run over just quickly xx

Always start at highest part (e.g chest then legs) on left and work across. I spray vertically:

Back
Sides
Front
Hands/feet
Face

Do it this way as need to be in methodical routine to make sure I don't miss anywhere!

Hiya

I do back first incl back of arms, right side incl arm & inside of left leg, left side inc arm & inside of right leg.
Whole front of body, front of arms again & lightly on hands, inside of arms v lightly, Face & neck, then thoroughly check & quick dry with hose cx

I do back of neck, tops of shoulders, back and backs of arms. Then I kneel down and do backs of legs, sides of body and sides of legs, fronts and insides of legs and feet. Then I stand up again and do fronts sides and insides of arms, hands, chest and tummy and finish on the face and under the chin. This routine saves me going up and down too much and I never miss any bits if I stick to it. X

Back, side 1 (inc hands + arms), side 2 (inc hands + arms), front, feet, face, neck. Check for missed bits and dry with hose. But you can adapt routines- for example big breasted women I spray under boobs, then dry with hose and then carry on as normal.

You will soon pickup whatever you feel comfortable doing and one that doesnt entail getting up and down as much :D

This is how I do mine:
start on front - chest right down to legs and inner thighs
half turn and do one side - then the other side
then back including back of arms right down to legs
then do front of arms and face last

Not the way I was originally taught but it works for me.

Back
Back of arms
Sides of body
Front of arms
Inner arm
Side of arms
Front of body & stomach
Groin & inner leg
Front of leg
Side of leg
Back of leg
Then repeat for other leg
Hands
Feet
Then face & neck

Thanks for everyone's advice, I have sprayed 5 people now and I'm getting better I'm at around 20 mins in total now and have tried a few different ways as I found the first way hard to match up where sides ended etc.
Really enjoying seeing the finished result and the next days result after showers I'm getting everyone to send me pictures so I can see my work

Hi, well as you can see, everyone's different!. I do back, one side, front, other side. I then go lightly over the feet, then the hands.
Then I finish by going lightly over the whole of the back, then the whole of the front.
I think the main hints I could give are:-
Whatever you do, do exactly the same each time, so you don't forget anything.
If possible, have a large mirror that the client can see when you're done, then if they say they want to go darker, you can go over them once more lightly (or say, just lower legs) - makes sure they are happy
Kneel down to do the bottom half of the body
Do the hands and feet separately and really lightly
Good luck
Beauty Quest
Crawley

Hi, well as you can see, everyone's different!. I do back, one side, front, other side. I then go lightly over the feet, then the hands.
Then I finish by going lightly over the whole of the back, then the whole of the front.
I think the main hints I could give are:-
Whatever you do, do exactly the same each time, so you don't forget anything.
If possible, have a large mirror that the client can see when you're done, then if they say they want to go darker, you can go over them once more lightly (or say, just lower legs) - makes sure they are happy
Kneel down to do the bottom half of the body
Do the hands and feet separately and really lightly
Good luck
Beauty Quest
Crawley

Thank you, I sprayed my friend who did the same course as me but a year ago and I told her to tell me the order in which she does it and hers is different to mine but I found it a lot easier so I am going to write her order down and do it that way
If I was to spray someone and it wasn't dark enough would spraying again make it a bit darker ?
I'm very scared when it comes to the face so I seem to be doing the face a bit less then the rest of body. Because I'm scared I will do it too dark.
I still am enjoying it and I have found in the 7 tans I have done so far I've become a bit faster already

Latest posts

Back