Mobile waxing help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
I want to add waxing to my mobile treatments so far i ask people to come to my house as worry about the time it takes to heat up etc!

Is there a perfect kit for mobile waxing that is quick and easy or any tips to help me go mobile???

Hi, Im mobile and I wax.... Heat your wax up befor you leave, and wrap the pot in a towel... also in winter I have the blowers in the car pointing over pot to help keep it thet bit warmer.
I only ever fill my wax up to the top if I have leg waxes in, if its a lot of brows etc, I dont keep it as full so then it heats up quicker.
Hope that helps.
PS always make sure your lid is on when transporting, it stops any spillages.

hi,i also strap it in the car seat with the seatbelt to keep it there :)

Thank you
The most simple solution and i never thought of it ha!

Best thing I ever bought was a Hive 1000cc wax heater, it has a lockable lid and has saved my wax from going everywhere on more than one occassion. I heat it up before I leave, pack everything else in the car and literally just as you are leaving, take it to the car with you and put it in your passenger foot well.

When you get to the clients house, take just the wax and maybe your small box of things you need. Ask is there anywhere you may plug your wax in and then do so. Then go back to the car, get whatever else you need. Set up, do consultation and by the time you have done all that and ready to use the wax it has warmed up again.

Just check the temperature dial when you plug it in at the clients house. I did all the above and when I went to use it, I hadnt realised I had knocked the temperature dial down. :cry:

Some great tips for carry the wax pot in the car! I shall be trying the towel and seatbelt one! Thanks x

I waxed when I was mobile, pre-heated my wax before I left and found the warm honey wax type was quickest, the creme wax took longer to re-heat in the client's house.
Biggest bit of advice I can give is only fill it halfway! More than once I made the mistake of filling it more than half and even though I was careful it ended up running down the sides of the heater if I moved my box at the wrong angle and this would take me ages to get clean and tidy again at the end of the day.
Once you get your own little routine you'll be fine!

Latest posts

Back