How much time shall I allow for bridal make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieBeautique

Reaction score
Hi.

I have my first bridal booking coming up soon (the trail being this Friday) and I'm not how much time to allow for the big day. I thought one hour per person just to be on the safe side? When originally booked there was 6 people in total so I said I would need help from a girl I trained with. Now there are only 4 people, which includes the bride. I'm worried incase I struggle for time still doing it alone but if i ask the other girl to help still i'm not making any money as had to buy new products for my kit. I need to be finished by about 12. Would going for 8am be too early to start the first persons make up? Xx

I allow 1 hour per person.

Bridesmaids and mother of the bride usually take 30-45 mins, giving you plenty of time to tidy and clean and equipment/brushes between make ups and also allows you just over an hour for the bride.

I would start with the brides base, then while she's getting her hair done get one with the other make ups, then finish the brides make up before she gets dressed. This way while she's dressing you can do any touch ups on everyone else then touch up the bride just before SHOWTIME!!!

HTH

Thank you. Do you think the make up will be last the duration starting at 8am? I have bought a good primer and some setting spray today which I'm going to try out on myself this week xx

If you prep skin well with a quality primer and build your base well it should be fine all day with a touch of powder before the ceremony.

If you ask the bridal party to make sure they have completely clean skin then you can moisturise and prime before you begin application. If they have a preferred moisturiser ask them to bring it.

HTH

I book half an hour per person, this is for me to do makeup and the hairdresser to do the hair, and an extra half hour overall to allow for setup time and the locating of stray bridemaids.

If we had four people for hair and makeup I would book 2 and a half hours.

Can I ask when you book your on the day at the trial, and sort the details.... If the wedding is at say 1, ride leaving at 12.15, what time would you arrive and commence? And what time would you advise they book the hairdresser? Xx

I would suggest for a party of 4 maids and a Bride 3 hours especially for a newbie; So counting back and assuming 30mins for getting dressed which takes you back to 11.45, 3 hours back from there 8.45, 30 mins for setting up hello's etc, etc, 8.15 arrival, as for hairdresser thats for them to decide not you, you will need to confirm with them how they want to work so that you can work as a team together.
xx Good luck

I like to allow an hour for the bride and 45 mins for the bridesmaids. It prob won't take that long but it's best to have more time than be rushing.

The bride usually wants to be in her dress at least half an hour before leaving (to learn to breathe in it sometimes!! haha) sometimes more depening on their photographer and also you might be working around a hairdresser too.

I generally do lippie once they're in their dresses too, just in case!

I've got my first bridal booking in June (which fortunately long enough away to get some practice in!) but I'm dreading it! I've got 3 bridesmaids, the mother and the bride to do before 2pm!!! My main concern is getting the base/ foundation right and having foundations to cover the different skin tones! Does anyone have any recommendations for foundations? I mainly use mineral on myself as I find this quite good :)

Latest posts

Back