Mineral Make Up Brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storme

Reaction score
What mineral make up brands would you recommend? I want just pure mineral no added harmful extra's.

I have got a lot a people asking for bridal make up now it's coming up to summer, and not fond of the kit we had from college, and want to invest in a good kit before trials start.

Also do you charge for trials or do you do them for free, as I have got someone who wants there bridesmaids trialed as well.

Bare minerals ? I think thats one xx

I haven't really explored make up since I have left college as I have been concentrating on getting other products and decided next I think will be my make up.

I shall have a look about them, what nice is they have a stand in the bull ring near me, along with bobby brown and mac.

Jane iredale is very good quality mineral make-up although a bit pricy, it's worth it!

We use lily Lolo they are excellent, very like bm but not as pricey! A good British company. X

We use lily Lolo they are excellent, very like bm but not as pricey! A good British company. X

Where does lily lolo retail? Ive heard of it on here but never seen it in person.

I use bare minerals and LOVE it! I dont even think its expensive...a foundation powder 8grams is £24 ish and lasts me 2-3months. I bought my last one on 9th November and almost run out maybe 2 weeks worth left. I suppose to set up its a little pricey but to replace things isnt alot. I definitely save money now.

I used to spend more on make up when I used brands from boots maybelline/bourjois etc as they didnt last as good- needed more of those products than you do of bare minerals!

Xxx

Where does lily lolo retail? Ive heard of it on here but never seen it in person.

I use bare minerals and LOVE it! I dont even think its expensive...a foundation powder 8grams is £24 ish and lasts me 2-3months. I bought my last one on 9th November and almost run out maybe 2 weeks worth left. I suppose to set up its a little pricey but to replace things isnt alot. I definitely save money now.

I used to spend more on make up when I used brands from boots maybelline/bourjois etc as they didnt last as good- needed more of those products than you do of bare minerals!

Xxx

i use bare minerals and i have to admit it is amazing makeup however i find a tub only lasts me around a month and a lot of people i know who use it have also said the same thing! thats my only personal down fall to the product but it goes on flawlessly!

Lily Lolo does have a web site where u can contact them about being a distributer.
Their foundation is a 10g pot and retails at £12.50!!!!
They also have a Facebook page too.

I've

My tub lasts me 6 months and I wear mine every day!
Are u buffing enough when applying, each time u apply u have to buff for as long as it takes to sing happy birthday to me TWICE! Maybe that will help your foundation last longer. 😉

Are u buffing enough when applying, each time u apply u have to buff for as long as it takes to sing happy birthday to me TWICE! Maybe that will help your foundation last longer. ��

Yes, mine also lasts that long!

Are u buffing enough when applying, each time u apply u have to buff for as long as it takes to sing happy birthday to me TWICE! Maybe that will help your foundation last longer. 😉

Im going to do this tomorrow ha ha ha !

Mine lasts me 10weeks ish...so just over 2months, 3 sometimes! My next tub better last me longer !

X

A trick I use is to use a small domed brush to apply to blemishes first, ie as a concealer, and then the large kabuki brush for all over finish. You really only need a tiny amount that way.

I use Proto-col the most natural Mineral & Collagen Cosmetics on the market. I am a makeup artist and I also have signed up to them as a consultant to do makeup parties. 40% discount!! Really good quality cosmetics and skincare great for brides and anyone with skin allergies. On Group | Proto-col | Pure | Naturally advanced skincare

Its Lily Lolo for me too x

Yip strictly lashes me too x

Jane Iredale and yes you absolutely must charge for a trial.

Suppose they all decide not to go ahead with the treatment for the actual wedding?

bare minerals is amazing. been using it everyday (or near enough) for 8 years or so now. where i used to work they used it for wedding make-up too and the ladies were always happy with it. ill never use another foundation,bronzer,concealer,eyeliner,blusher again!!!

You MUST charge for EACH trial session and I strongly recommend getting a deposit (non refundable) up front from the bride to secure her and her bridsmaids trial sessions, 25-50% is the norm.

My rule is: NO deposit NO trial ....simples!!!!

The remainder I normally ask for 10- 5 days in advance of the trial (if doing a large hair/makeup booking which means me booking either a half or full day out) or before i set up on the day of the trial session if its a small booking of 1-3 people and they only want either makeup or hair doing.

Last edited:
I am trained in bareMinerals and i absoloutly love it! it goes on flawless and does not clog or look to much on the skin either. I cant go back to any other make up products id give it a go its money worth spent :) the only down fall is the lipsticks dont do my type of colour. Buxoms all the way :).

xox

Latest posts

Back