Hot towels when doing mobile facials?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roisin_x

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm just about to start up mobile and one of the treatments i am going to offer is facials. The only thing is, i'm not sure what to do about making my hot towels hot:rolleyes:

Should i just buy a normal hot towel cabinet and take it with me to clients houses or is there another way to do this? I thought perhaps if i sat them in boiled water for a couple of minutes that might work, but then i thought they would be perhaps to hot for the client and i might burn myself when squeezing all the water out :|

Can anybody give me any advice on what to do?

x x x

i would take dry towels and put them in hot water at the clients home then squeeze them out. but not boiling

Hello!
I check if the client has a microwave, take small swing bin liners (clean ones of course!), thouroughly wet the towel, wring it out and pop it in the microwave for 20-30 secs. Obviously check the heat before applying to your client as microwaves differ in power. It is a bit of a nuisance going to the kitchen if that's not where you're set up - but it works and my clients don't seem to mind that i've nipped out for a minute! x

Hi there, I'm not mobile but I do have a towel steamer. It's really small & fits approx 4 small towels. There around £40 & front beauty select x

I use a vegetable steamer it works a treat, obviously its not one I have previously cooked my Sunday roast veggies in lol! ;)

I bought a couple of metal mixing type bowls from Ikea. I put hot water in the bowl so the metal heats up, chuck that out, then fill it up again with water as hot as I can stand. I then dip my hand mitts in and squeeze out the water, I also just give them a little wave in the air if they are too hot. :)

since in greece there is no hot cabinet to buy for beauty purpose, i invent mine! i use vegetable steamer just 30 euros which i use it only for the facial towels. be cautious! not boil to much minutes. i also use it to do a special massage with fragnat pouches

Thanks everyone :)

Rubytues- that sounds great i'll defo look into that :)

Karlaspretty- what a great idea, i would never have thought of that! :)

veggie steamer sound like a good idea too, i'll give that a wee try

x x x

If you don't want to carry a steamer/hot towel caddy round with you then you could always carry a small flask of hot water and pour that into a bowl when you want to use the heated towels. It would mean you don't need to leave the room too. I used to use this before i got my caddy. Mind you, make sure you pour the water into a bowl a few minutes before you want to use it as it can be quite hot!

I boil the kettle, pour hot water over them 'sparingly' that way you dont get hot spots and they are never dripping wet, just evenly damp and they are always the right temparature with plenty of steam coming from them, youve got to make sure you only pour a little water over them in a line
oh ! and youve got to let them sit for wee min to let the towels absorb the water throughout before you use them, that way theres just lots of steam

Hi everyone,

I'm just about to start up mobile and one of the treatments i am going to offer is facials. The only thing is, i'm not sure what to do about making my hot towels hot:rolleyes:

Should i just buy a normal hot towel cabinet and take it with me to clients houses or is there another way to do this? I thought perhaps if i sat them in boiled water for a couple of minutes that might work, but then i thought they would be perhaps to hot for the client and i might burn myself when squeezing all the water out :|

Can anybody give me any advice on what to do?

x x x

You should try to wet / dampen the towels in cold water and heat in the microwave at the clients house?

Or simply use the clients hot water to heat them up.

Make sure you check the temperature of the towel carefully before using on the client.

You could also use disposable towels so that should cut down on the amount of equipment you need to carry around with you.

Latest posts

Back