Starting up a mobile business help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
Helloooo
Last 6 months I have been doing mobile treatments to family, friends & friends of friends.
Have done the basics I learnt in college and spray tans also, I've really enjoyed it so now want to go further with advertising etc

I've just booked onto many courses but now looking into the insurance, becoming self femployed etc.
Any help would be brilliant as I don't know where to start!

Sorry if this has already been asked on mobile & can't search!
Thanks xxx

I know exactly how your feeling as this was me 2 years ago! first things first....insurance-roughly £50 a year (i'm with salon secure). then get your price list up & ready/printed off. I collected soooo many price lists from a wide radius to see what i should charge (mostely i aimed to be £1/£2 cheaper then them) I have never advertised as I dont think it works, leaflet dropping etc could be a massive waste of time/money-does anyone ever really look at them??? Do you really want wierdo's calling you too? I started off doing pamper parties - ask your existing clients&friends to hold one in there house and you show up and do mini treatments on them. I found this very effective & although after 2 years I dont do many now, they are a wicked way to get introduced to new clients.

oh and boring accountant too, register as self employed (so the tax man don't bite you!)

sorry this is so long, hope it helps. if you need any more help, please just ask :) x

Latest posts

Back