How much do you charge to go to a client's house?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzBee

Reaction score
Hi

I run my own mobile tan business and have only been doing it for a few months. My question is how much do you charge to get to people houses?

In my training the woman said not to under sell your product charge what its worth basically so £20-25 a tan, plus mileage on top!

However where I live (city centre) there is a ridiculous amount of competition. Beauticians are offering £10 spray tans everywhere! I am mobile and I have been chraging £15 but the whole idea of me doing this course was to make some money & at the moment i probably get 1-2 clients a week if im lucky. So after petrol, cost of product im left with hardly anything! I have even been offering £10 from my house to keep up!

What I would like to know is do you other Mobile Beauticians/Spray tanners charge mileage? I saw one girl on fb charges x amount for the tan and after first 5 miles she then charges £1 a mile - thought that was a bit steep!

xxx

I offer tans for £13.50 from my home, & once I have a car & I'm mobile I will be £16 per tan, I don't do many per week from my home maybe 4, sometimes more sometimes less, but I don't advertise it that much to be honest.

I'll start really advertising it when I'm mobile x

Im in a similar situation, Where I live there are so many beauticians etc that prices have to be competive. Ive found quite a few ladies are wanting me from another town (roughly 12 miles away) What I do is state there will be a petrol charge, then ask for their postcode and work out how much it will online roughly! Some people are happy to pay it, some aren't. But dont NOT charge, thats just silly. Im doing full sets at the moment for just £15 whilst im getting back into doing nails, theres no way I wouldnt charge petrol too x

I am mobile and charge £20 for a tan. I do not charge extra for mileage.
I am just outside the city centre, but still get a lot of clients booking.
They are happy to pay this, as having someone come to their home is much better than faffing out in town and also that they can 'dry off' in the comfort of their home-naked if they wish.
x

I am mobile and charge £20 it really depends on area, I would say in my area it is about 20-25 mobile and salons charge anywhere between 25 and a whopping £48!!

I honestly don't feel mobile can be done for less than £15 unless you are in the lucky position where all your clients live in the same street lol.

I recently saw an advert for a mobile therapist offering tans for £20 each, 3 tans@ £18 each, 5 or tans £16. dont sell yourself short...if they are too cheap people may assume they may bad products etc. be carful x

Latest posts

Back