Picking up eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam@tonic

Reaction score
Hello geeks

I'm after a bit of advise regarding eyelash extensions. I've been doing them now for about 10 months and am fairly confident in doing them, although i'm still a bit slow. I've realised that what takes me quite long is making sure i've picked up the E.E properly. I was trained by Lash Perfect and they train you to lay the lashes on a special cloth and then turn them around with your tweezers so that the curve is facing in a backwards 'c', if that makes sense, and then pick them up with your tweezers. It's this turning of the lashes that takes me longer than it probably should and I was wondering if anyone had any other tips they could give me that would make this 'picking up of the lashes' easier.

Many Thanks in advance for your help

Sam x:D

Have you tried a silicon pad? There available to buy on lashbase website & on eyelash emporium website, or have you tried the lashes on a strip? You just pull them off & there in the correct position to just swipe in glue & apply... no faffing about lol x

Use the lashes in trays where the lashes are on a strip that you stick to the back of your hand.
They are positioned correctly and will save you tons of time with faffing about with pads etc.
x

That sounds amazing! thank you so much for replying both of you. I've only ever used Lash Perfect lashes before, would you say that most eyelashes from different suppliers are pretty much the same?
Also, what does the silicone pad do?
x

Eyelash extensions are new to my salon - and I must admit that the picking up of the lash as we were trained has been doing mine and the girl who works for me's head in!!! SO I got us a silicone disc and we've now stopped laying the lashes out in a reversed c - much easier, quicker and far less stressful!! Good Luck! :) Ps I got ours from lash base - we were trained with Ose lashes but we've found that the ones from lash base are grand!!

Life is far to short for picking up loose lashes! LOL

There's a pic in my album of how I set up my lash table. Lashes are all lined up and ready to go!

http://www.salongeek.com/members/el...icone-pad-so-i-can-pick-up-correct-angle.html

Hi Elliebee,
Do you stick your strip lashes to the table and pick from there?!
I use the back of my hand but have started using various lengths and thickness meaning I have 6-8 strips on my hand which is looking messy as the tape starts loosing stickiness. Is it easier to stick to the table? x

I stick to back of hand.
When the stickiness goes, I just use micropore tape.
x

Hi Elliebee,
Do you stick your strip lashes to the table and pick from there?!
I use the back of my hand but have started using various lengths and thickness meaning I have 6-8 strips on my hand which is looking messy as the tape starts loosing stickiness. Is it easier to stick to the table? x

yes. i just put a couple of lengths of double sided tape in my table and stick the various lash strips to that

yes. i just put a couple of lengths of double sided tape in my table and stick the various lash strips to that

Thank you Elliebee, I'll try one! x

Hi Sam

I know lots of very experienced lash techs who only use loose lashes and they are very fast. Using X-tweezers are great for using loose lashes - they pick up the lash perfectly every time. Using strips is a great aid to increase your speed but it's not for everyone.

Practise and experience will get your faster!

HTH
Francesca

Thanks everyone for your advice, i think i'm going to try using a silicone pad and see how i get on with that and then the trays!
I'm already using x-tweezers and think they are great so just need to perfect my 'picking up' now!

Sam xx

what are the x tweezers? x

Hi Elliebee, do u still have that pic, I'm intrigued!

If you Google x tweezers you will see what they look like, but rather than applying pressure to keep the tweezers closed like regular ones, you apply pressure to open them, so you haven't got to grip them the whole time. It's personal preference but I prefer them as I kept dropping lashes!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back