Wax pot query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisonsmit

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to waxing and want to know if you can put the plastic containers that the wax comes in directly into the wax heater. Won't the plastic container melt? I have the Hive 1000cc heater and some hive options tea tree cream wax and am afraid to put the plastic container directly into the heater incase it melts the plastic pot. Help?

Yes you can put the plastic container straight in and it wont melt! :)

Thank you so much! Just wish i'd bought the 500cc heater as the plastic wax containers are half the size of the 1000cc wax heater and I can see it getting messy and some wastage. How do you wipe the wax off the spatula without it running down into the metal container that is holding the plastic wax pot? eeeek.

Why dont you melt the wax into the metal container, rather than having the plastic pot inside?? Makes things a lot easier xx​

Im pretty sure it does melt, when I was doing my course at college a girl had done that and all the plastic had stuck to the wax heater xx

You can insert it straight in and it shouldnt melt, I have never witnessed one melting but maybe it has happened if you put the wax up very high.

However I would only do this if I have a 500cc wax pot, if i had a 1000cc I would decant it into the metal container inside the pot.

Why dont you melt the wax into the metal container, rather than having the plastic pot inside?? Makes things a lot easier xx​

Agree.

Rest the tub on the metal scraper bar and it will decant into the chamber.

But you can indeed place the tub safely into the chamber if you so wish.

do you not have to metal insert that sits inside the heater? I always turn the pot of wax unside down and rest it on the bar of the wax heater insert & let it melt in slowly. does this even make sense????

Although beware I once inserted a 500cc tub into a 1000cc heater and could not get it out. I think it ruined the wax pot as it was stuck.

Its best to decant your wax into the wax bucket with the scraper bar. The small plastic pots are not intended to be placed directly in the large wax pot.

Last edited:
I always put the wax tub in the microwave for a few minutes and then pour the wax straight into the metal container :)

I always put the wax tub in the microwave for a few minutes and then pour the wax straight into the metal container :)

Blimey I thaught this was a nono ?

Blimey I thaught this was a nono ?

It's the only way to get the wax out of the jar ;) The heating instructions on the back of the wax will say to microwave first, usually for about 4 minutes then pour into the wax pot.

I always put the plastic pot straight into my heater and it never melts.Xx :)

I sit wax in bowl, pour boiling water around outside and once starts to become liquid I use a disposable spatula to help decant.

Hi, the heater you have is not suitable for putting the wax pot straight into. You should have a removable inner barrel to hold the wax. I have the 500cc hive and it still came with an inner barrel which I use. Did you get an info leaflet in the box, it should advise you the proper way too use. Ring the people who supplied you or try and find hives website to get more info x

You actually can put the plastic wax pots directly into the 500cc wax heater. Its much easier to lift the pot in and out than inside the 1000cc heater. The inner pot can be used for the non strip wax or if you prefer to use this for your strip wax. I do the same as you but you can place the plastic pots directly into the hive heater.
Thanks Jack

I have the Babyliss small heater and put the pots directly in it and they don't melt or get stuck. It comes with a metal detachable bar accross the top so you can scrap your spatula (if you wipe it on the side of the pot, the wax ever so slightly dribbles down the outside and then it DOES get stuck :p)

xx

I have the Babyliss small heater and put the pots directly in it and they don't melt or get stuck. It comes with a metal detachable bar accross the top so you can scrap your spatula (if you wipe it on the side of the pot, the wax ever so slightly dribbles down the outside and then it DOES get stuck :p)

xx

i also have this heater and i put my wax pots straight in i find it easier and less messy

Latest posts

Back