Men's wet shaving, is it worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decadence

Reaction score
Hi guys just popped over from nails, I am a qualified manicurist, and have gone back to college doing a NVQ level 2 in nails services, that I will finish at the end of may.

I have booked in and doing this week a tooth fairy course that covers vazazzle and tooth whiting and gem tattooing to the teeth, and have got a course booked in march with Kim Lawless for waxing, and wanting to go on and do mens and Lady's extreme waxing!

But i really like the idea of doing wet shaves for men, well doing the whole package really, I did train in hairdressing many years ago when i was at college the first time, but don't really like doing womans hair.

So really my question is ? Do you think this is something a service that a man would want from a woman, and would it be worth while, as the course is quite a lot of money ?

Kind Regards

Mandy

o definitely, I trained in them years ago and the men preferred the shaves from me as I have a gentler touch and offer an aromatherapy face, neck and shoulder massage with the treatments, most of them fell asleep. I don't do them now as I am mobile and don't like going to mens houses who I don't know :)

Hi Mandy,
I think it can be a popular treatment for men - but I think it depends on whats already available in your local area.

I live in North London and there are lots of really good traditional mens barbers that offer a package including a traditional wet shave at a very competitive price.

I know of therapists both male and female that offer this and they have a few clients that have it done on a regular basis. So you need to perhaps survey your male clients and get some feedback from them. Its a lot of money for training if you dont get the return. Not sure what other male grooming treatments you offer but I know that waxing and facials are very popular treatments.

Jack

Thanks for your replies guys

Regards

Mandy

Latest posts

Back