Patch test lash glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
Do you patch test your clients with lash glue?

Yes I do....I pop a little either on their arm or behind ear and I also put a couple of lashes on. When they return to have the lashes applied, I get them to sign a form saying a patch test has been done. X

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

To patch test for eyelashes, you want to be applying a couple of lashes per eye and waiting 24 hours to see if a reaction appears.
You do not want to be applying glue directly to the skin, as this will in most cases cause irritation and is not intended to be in contact with skin.
x

I couldn't agree more. Eyelash extension glue should NEVER touch the client's skin, it is a chemical!

For info: A patch test will NEVER guarantee the client will not react to the glue. Allergies come and go without reason.

To patch test for eyelashes, you want to be applying a couple of lashes per eye and waiting 24 hours to see if a reaction appears.
You do not want to be applying glue directly to the skin, as this will in most cases cause irritation and is not intended to be in contact with skin.
x

For info: A patch test will NEVER guarantee the client will not react to the glue. Allergies come and go without reason.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement :)

I have had a client have lashes by myself for months on end and then all of a sudden (with no changes in any of my products, or personal products on her behalf) she became allergic and was unable to continue with the lashes :-(
x

For info: A patch test will NEVER guarantee the client will not react to the glue. Allergies come and go without reason.

I agree with this statement :)

I have had a client have lashes by myself for months on end and then all of a sudden (with no changes in any of my products, or personal products on her behalf) she became allergic and was unable to continue with the lashes :-(
x[/QUOTE]

Me too.....After about 4 months of lashing a Lady she's now developed red, itchy eyes. I have not changed the glue, promer etc etc. Does this mean her eyelash days are over? Xx

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back