OMG Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizWheat

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently doing my Beauty Therapy Level 2 and I get a free dipolma course when I am 75% through the course.:biggrin:

One of the options is spray tanning - which is what I shall choose to do.

I am wanting to use the product OMG as they seem to have good reviews - but does anyone know if I have to train with them in order to use their product or can I train through my course for free and then just buy their machine etc and go from there?

Sorry if this seems a silly question!:rolleyes:

Thanks! Liz x

Although I don't use OMG (I'm a Nouvatan girl) most tanning suppliers will let you purchase their products/kits without doing your training with them. You will see on here that many of us change our tanning product ranges when we hear good reviews on a different brand or trial new products.

Hope you enjoy your tanning course :biggrin:

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can buy them without training with them, as i trained with Sudo and use LA Tan and haven't trained with them x

Hi you don't have to train or buy your equipment from OMG to use their solution. The same applies to all other tanning companies too (that i'm aware of).

You obviously have your training sorted, however shop around for your equipment to make sure your getting a good deal. HTH

OMG = Orange hue and Poor fade off and thats my personal opinion and many others.

Go for Sienna X or Nouvtan! The best!

Thanks everyone :)

And thank you Mrs RSM - I think I need to do a bit more research and look at a few others too.

x

OMG = Orange hue and Poor fade off and thats my personal opinion and many others.

I've also heard this about OMG, I use Vita Liberata and I love it, might be worth getting a few samples of it to try also.:biggrin:

We use OMG and our clients love it. We only have problems with patchiness and poor fade when clients don't follow out aftercare advice. Try a few different brands and see what you prefer. You are always going to get mixed opinions here. But you don't need to train with them to buy their kits. Good luck with whatever you decide to do xx

Thank you Mrs RSM. You do need to ask your clients to exfoliate before tanning. If you spray your clients with old tan still on their skin or don't maintain the tan properly you will get problems.

If you need any advice Betsy our spray tan expert is here on hand.

We've got thousands of satisfied spray tan professionals who love our solution and so do their clients.

Regards,

OMG

Thank you Mrs RSM.

OMG

I think that comment from a professional company was sarcastic and unnecessary. We have been asked our opinions and we are giving them. If I was Mrs RSM I'd like an apology.

Hi,

I am currently doing my Beauty Therapy Level 2 and I get a free dipolma course when I am 75% through the course.:biggrin:

One of the options is spray tanning - which is what I shall choose to do.

I am wanting to use the product OMG as they seem to have good reviews - but does anyone know if I have to train with them in order to use their product or can I train through my course for free and then just buy their machine etc and go from there?

Sorry if this seems a silly question!:rolleyes:

Thanks! Liz x

Hi Liz

As everyone has said, you can get your kit from anywhere. I got mine from OMG and began my tanning using their solutions. My personal experience and opinion is (and let's hope I don't get some sarky reply too) that the fade off is poor on people who have the tendency towards dry skin. This includes me. I was having a weekly OMG tan which always ended up patchy, particularly on my legs and face. I have switched my salon brand to Nouvatan and have been delighted with the results, even on myself.

You should really call up some firms and get some samples before choosing a brand. Different strokes for different folks.

Good luck

No sarcasm meant and we apologise if this seemed the case. I was just pointing people to Betsy if they needed any help.

There is a very recent post here:

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/165819-spray-tans-do-not-give-dreaded-orange.html

There are people who use our solution and are happy with it. The post headline is 'Spray tans that do not give the dreaded orange'

If someone is using our solution and it goes orange we can but only try to help. We've got thousands of happy customers who use it without Orange or Fade Off problems.

Hope this clarifies the matter and again please accept our apologies.

Regards,

OMG

I LOVE OMG!!! My clients Love it also. Its also reasonably priced. Think its £40 a litre where as I have seen some for much more! My opinion is that it has a lovely colour - various colours and smells too. One client has tried all of them and even switched from her old beautician to me because she preffered OMG.

Why not get some samples? xx

I have to agree I really liked OMG, lovely tan, great guide colour, my clients are happy!

Thanks guys - I think I will have a shop around and perhaps do a little bit more research.

OMG - is there any chance that you are able to send me some samples so I can test for myself?

Thanks again,
Liz

Answer to the original question, you can train and order with separate companies. Without getting into any debates I would really advise you to get samples and do the research yourself in what your happy supplying clients with. I have tried quite a few and have a couple of firm favourites but did order a solution I'm now not quite happy with so a bit of wasted money.

I think that comment from a professional company was sarcastic and unnecessary. We have been asked our opinions and we are giving them. If I was Mrs RSM I'd like an apology.

Its ok Unas, its seems the normal sort of response from them. I will give the opinion when asked because I believe in honest opinions. If a member came on asking about Sienna X or Nouvatan, I would say how great they both are. If the OP used the the search function then it would be a popular opinion of OMG and certainly not just mine.

Thank you Mrs RSM. You do need to ask your clients to exfoliate before tanning. If you spray your clients with old tan still on their skin or don't maintain the tan properly you will get problems.

If you need any advice Betsy our spray tan expert is here on hand.

We've got thousands of satisfied spray tan professionals who love our solution and so do their clients.

Regards,

OMG

I know you wouldnt find Sienna X or Nouvatan being sarcastic or getting uppity like your Rep. Its the product imho, not the client or therapist. I have had no such problems with Sienna X or Nouvatan at all!!!

That ''Thank you Mrs RSM'' was for what, being honest when asked an opinion? Betsy got rather rude with me when I mentioned the same thing in another OMG thread, not very professional at all.

Hi op we use sienna x & beach bum in our salon & find they are both excellent, I particularly like beach bum on myself as the colour is beautiful & fade-off really natural. hth x

I'd definitely try before you buy, you don't want to end up with a tan you don't like! Get as many as you can spray a few friends and look or best colour, fade off, how long it lasts etc! Also see what others in our area offer and offer different! X

I also found it awful. And the girl I tanned with the sample I received is a seasoned tanner who I spray every ten days or so.
She had good results with other brands but almost cried a few days after application of OMG.
I know it's a cheap kit and I also started with a cheap brand. But your much better to get one with a quality solution. As the first tans you do are so important as these are your advertisements for future clients.
I poured 2 litres of the cheap tan I received in my kit down the sink.
in hind site I should of gone for a mid range kit with good solution as it cost me more in the end

Latest posts

Back