Ear piercing courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaG1

Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anybody have any experience on ear piercing and which course would be the best to do? I have been looking at The Carlton Institute which is a little more expensive than some of the other courses but the cost includes the kit and an NVQ certificate. I'd like to know if Caflon is the most commonly used product or if there are better products, also which make The Carlton Institute use? and whether the cartridges/cassette method is better than the needle?

Hope somebody can help

Thankyou
xx

Hi, I did the caflon ear piercing course. It was a day course at capital, so if you have a capital near you it may be worth looking to see if they have any courses there. I think it only cost me about £30. That didn't include a kit though, however I did get my certificate after I showed I could pierce someone's ears correctly. (I had to take a model with me).
Good luck x

Thankyou, has anybody been on the NSI ear piercing courses? if so what are your views?

Amanda
x

Using a needle to pierce is a completely different ball game to ear piercing with a gun. For needle piercing you need a complete body piercing set up, autoclave, clinical waste disposal etc, along with a body piercing apprentiship or expensive course.

Guns are fine to use if used properly. We use studex and the spring loaded gun is fine for ear lobes. But a spring loaded gun should NEVER be used on cartilage - ie top ear or nose. Studex have a different instruments for that which are push through systems and do not shatter cartilage.

If you contact studex and buy their starter kit they will come to train you for free.

xx​

I did the Caflon course at Salon Services opposite NSI IN Salford.

The course at NSI is done by Caflon too, same price as Salon Services but the packs of earrings tend to work out a bit cheaper at NSI.

Carole

Hi

I did the Caflon training course with Sallys (Caflon come to train you) The course was £18 but you need to buy a kit which is around £60 with a sallys card so I thought that was pretty good and I have pierced a few sets of ears since:) hth x

I forgot to add, I got a certificate from the course which Babtac will insure you with but it isn't an NVQ it is a Caflon ceritifcate. The course was about 3 hours long and was good, i would recommend it. x

Latest posts

Back