Bobbi Brown Make Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storme

Reaction score
How much would you charge to use Bobbi Brown Make Up?
I am charging at the moment £25 for make up of bridal, prom or party with a free trial.

Do you do any offers?
Any help would be great.

Marking this to refer to. I had a makeup artist wanting to work at the salon and we haven't reached a conclusion in terms of prices. She also uses mainly Bobbie brown. Hope someone comes along to give advise?

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I would check out on line of Bridal prices in your area and take an middle figure It would depend on wether doing a wedding service in their home on the day or her coming to your salon, as coming into the salon disrupts less of your day but going to her is a whole different service.

If you are a professional MUA even if you are new, there is no way I could think that £25 was any where near correct, if you are going to her more like £125 including trial plus travel and £25 for each brides maid etc, But in a salon may be something like £75 including trial. This is what I hear about being low end normal, but for a good MUA/Bridal expect that to be a lot higher

Dont underrate the service this is or you will be in danger of driving the price down too low to sustain it if you want to encourage sales don't do it by cheapness ADD on benefits like Manicure/Pedicure( not nail extensions or gels do those on a different day but a spa massage feet or hands) on the day

It matters what brands are used as an overall indication that quality products are used but it is your time and expertise that drives the price

I don't necessarily agree that a price should be set because of the brand of make up that you are using.

Also, are you really only charging £25 for bridal make up?! That is definitely far too low!

Ooooh gosh I would be undercharging if it wasn't for this site.
I think over £100 would be way to expensive, but I think thats just me, but would benefit from that price.

I do give them the option of coming to me as I am a in house salon, or me to go to them. All three brides so far have chose for me to go to them on the day. I am not going to change the price for them now. I haven't really advirtised it at this price yet.

I was thinking maybe around £70 if they come to me and £75 - £80 if I have to travel depending on distance, including the free trial, and then £30 per an extra person, including there trial.

I am fairly new and have been practicing alot on freinds always looking up tutorials, and on my boyfriend as he has an olive skin tone, bless him.

Now would you quote this price for prom make up too or would it be lower?

Ooooh gosh I would be undercharging if it wasn't for this site.
I think over £100 would be way to expensive, but I think thats just me, but would benefit from that price.

I do give them the option of coming to me as I am a in house salon, or me to go to them. All three brides so far have chose for me to go to them on the day. I am not going to change the price for them now. I haven't really advirtised it at this price yet.

I was thinking maybe around £70 if they come to me and £75 - £80 if I have to travel depending on distance, including the free trial, and then £30 per an extra person, including there trial.

I am fairly new and have been practicing alot on freinds always looking up tutorials, and on my boyfriend as he has an olive skin tone, bless him.

Now would you quote this price for prom make up too or would it be lower?

I think that weddings mean that everything is more expensive! So perhaps you could go lower for your "prom" make up. Agter all, that is obviously being aimed at 16-18 year olds so £75 is a lot of money for them to have their make up done.

have you looked at the prices of others in your area? That's often a good idea as a guide x

Its great really that you ran it past us here as we have the chance to catch you early!!

Its not that Bridal work gets charged more there is more of a service for this event, for example when working out your price think of it like this, it will always take you a minimum of 30 mins each way ( by the time you get in the car etc, etc) the time you are there will eat into at least 2 hours as may be the hair stylist is not quite finished or Dad can't find his tie!! and perhaps 30-1hr for her make up ( this is if we are talking bride only!)and then packing up again and leaving ( which I don't do until they walk out the door!) so total time MINIMUM 3 Hours inc minimum travel now add on fuel, product costs, material costs ( brushes aint cheap) tissues, cotton , You get the idea!

Now If you are going to include a trial thats doing the whole process Twice! can you really think that £35 (75 divided by two ) for three hours work less costs is possible ( ok maybe it will only be 2 hours!) but I work to worst case scenarios

If you are doing this in salon, it would work slightly differently, but you would still need to book out a double appointment and include perhaps a bucks fizz or chocolates etc so again you need to be careful

Don't sell your self short get professional hat on and become a Pro and charge accordingly

Well I have looked around a few beaticians in Wolverhampton and have found no one who sells there bridal make up close to £100.
I found a few packages for £100 including, make up, trial, mani / Pedi and some waxing. :eek:

I wish I could charge £100 a pop but there is no way I can compete with that. :(

I think £25 with a free trial is way too cheap. I'd charge £25 for prom without a free trial. Or £50 with a trial. When you do they pay you? At the trial or at the event? What if they have the free trial then dont bother having you for the event? I think you're under selling yourself.

Well looking around make up artists in my area and they are doing it for £30 for a free trial. I think I am going to charge £50 for the make up itself, and possible £20 for the trial. So I am not that expensive for what people see.

Then thinking about £20 for prom or any other occasion, with a £10 trial.

I use clinique shu eumura bobbi B chantecalle and laura mercier. I charge my brides £50 for trial and £70 on the day for makeup I add on £10 for strip lashes and £15 if they want airbrush makeup. I charge £80 for Hair and makeup trial and £130 on the day.
I charge £50 for prom makeup.
I have done over 150 weddings and proms on this pricing so i have no problem!
i do think where you are makes a huge difference, I live in berkshire. when i first did my prices i added up ten competitors in my area- my price list is now the average.
i always travel to them for trial and wedding day unless they ask if they can come to me.
HTH!

Thank you so much for the help. I am still deciding on prices around the average, tallying up the costs and stuff. See getting bobbi brown stuff is easy for me as they have stall in my local town so I can simply just pop in and get the stuff I need and not worry about p+p.

Bobbi Brown make up is an expensive brand and well known with clients.

You should charge more than £25.00 as some clients would think you use fake BB.

Latest posts

Back