Foundation advice??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailAddiction

Salon Owner & Educator
Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I'm after some help from all you makeup artists (I am not one)

I am currently using a no7 stay and perfect foundation which did the job for a while! I'm coming towards the end of the bottle now and want to invest into a better foundation(but try not to send a ridiculous amount-I know I need to pay for quality)
I have a combination of dry and oily skin on my face and find that my foundation at the minute doesn't give the coverage I am wanting.

Any advice or suggestions on what foundation to try??

Thank you!!

Hi

Im using Estee Lauders double wear at the moment and finding it great for coverage. Im quite veiny with dark circles :( and it covers those. Its about €32 in Ireland which i think is reasonableish. If you ask at the counter they will give you a free sample which will last a good few applications. Cant think of any more at the mo havent bought foundation in months which is very rare for me!!

Bol :)

Hi denise83! You know that is quite strange how you've sad that because I am about to hand in a cv at an Estée Lauder counter tomorrow so may use the foundation to get chatting to them!! Thanks :) x

I definitely agree with the estee lauder suggestion, amazing stuff!! x

Oh I will definitely look into this then! Thank you :)

Another vote for Double wear here! I have in my many years tried so many different foundations and then found Estee Lauders Double Wear. Its fantastic! I thinkI pay £27 per bottle andit lasts ages.

Another vote for Doublewear. They will do a colour match and give you a small sample home.

I love it

I use doublewear too,love it!

Hiya, Ive worked on a ton of beauty counters, my advice would be to go into a dept store and just bob around getting samples. Lauder double wear is lovely but doesnt stay on my skin for the whole day-nothing does lol Im using clarins everlasting at the moment, and have used mac studio fx which is also good.

Dont be afraid to ask for samples, just be honest and say youre looking into different ones and that if you like it youll come back and dont get bullied into buying something when you havent tried it =] HTH xxx

Thanks everyone :) think I will have to take myself into town at the weekend!! X

not a fan of doublewear as its very heavy and unfortunately slides off my skin (im very oily) but i do swear by the estee lauder doublewar mineral foundation. the beauty of the mineral (loose) foundation is that the coverage is buildable to whatever you like. I use a large kabuki brush in the day for natural coverage but use the pad applicator that it comes with at night for full coverage.
they also do doublewear light so its not quite as heavy.
just be aware that the original doublewear gives ghosting on pictures.

claire x

If your looking for a foundation that is top quality but at the cheaper end of the scale I would suggest revlon colour stay foundation it comes in about 12 colours for oily comb and normal-dry skin it is good coverage and buildable . I use it in my kit along with mac and bobbi brown but it's half the price! X

I wear no7 stay and perfect foundation but use a primer under it, and it stays put all day!!. & im oily combo skin.x

Latest posts

Back