How much do you charge your friends for spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshineinme

Reaction score
ohhh... salon geeks!

I really don't know what to do.

I have this clietn who turned into a friend....

I used to charge her a bit lower rate (£20 instead of £25) per session as she was quite regular with her tans.

Now we became mates- going out with our partners to a pub etc.

Tonight she's coming over to mine for a spay tan, glass of wine and movie and I really don't know if I should charge her or not adn if so how much?

I feel stupid a bit but again I think well I paid so much for my machine, training, solutions etc.

I have a bit of a stingy streak in me so I would appreciate opinions from you :)

Please advise please :)

i give them the full price, only my mum receives a discount! i was offering them to her for free but she said she wanted to at least pay something x

I would, your still using all your solution/equipment etc. Even if you charge £15 she is still getting it cheaper and word it we will call it £15 to cover the cost of everything. I think if you do it for nothing she could take advantage ie...shes going somewhere without you and just thinks oh I will get one of you cause it free.

Hope that helps, I'm about to do my tanning course so not really been in that situation but if it were me and you were my friend I would still expect to pay. x

I think you both are right. I should be charging her. I feel better now.

I guess I could put it down to £15.

It's so difficult but again it's my skills, solutions, disposables, machine etc.

And yes I am worried that she would take an advantage of me.

i give them the full price, only my mum receives a discount! i was offering them to her for free but she said she wanted to at least pay something x

I think I am a bit of a softie but if I was a bit stronger I would stick to the usual price!

yeah the taking advantage situation, i have family who would gladly take advantage! i offered them one free spray tan (with samples) and then no more! when my cousin wanted booked in for a full price one she didn't show up! coincidence? i think not, this was at 9pm, extremely busy as it was coming up for new year! i had been spraying all day! i was fuming, i could have been in my bed or getting food (as i hadn't even gotten my dinner yet)!! i then proceeded to tell her if she books again and doesn't come she will never receive a treatment from me again :)

If I was you I would charge her at least £15. As you have brought all the equipment / solution etc. you don't want her to start take advantage of your good nature.
I only let my mum have her nails done for free. My sister and sister in law both have to pay, I'll admit at a reduced rate but they still pay xx

oh how much I neede to hear it.

You all are soooo right.

We work hard to earn our pennies, we sacrify our time, savings and family life to get where we want to be.

if she doesn't like me charging her than probably she's not such a nice friend but wanted to take an advantage of my skills and products.

big mwaaaa :Kissing:!!!! xxxxx

I have this issue with some clients who have become good friends, but I give a small discount, I charge 50 instead of 60. They always come back to me because I do a good job.
Also I always think why would I work for free, what do they give me in return?

All my friends & family are charged £10

By friends I mean the kind that I see, not the kind I just talk to on facebook lol x

I very much doubt she would expect it for free hun! Like others have said you could charge her £15 so your still making a bit of money and she will still appreciate a further discount. After all if you gave her one for free you'd end up doing it every time free for her and thats no business lol. Dont feel bad, youll find she will appreciate the further discount x

I very much doubt she would expect it for free hun! Like others have said you could charge her £15 so your still making a bit of money and she will still appreciate a further discount. After all if you gave her one for free you'd end up doing it every time free for her and thats no business lol. Dont feel bad, youll find she will appreciate the further discount x

yeah, that's the catch. i give her once for free and there won't be way out of it.

I hope she is reasonable enough not to expect me being a charity xxxx

She might not expect it for free and would probably be mortified if she knew what you are thinking.

I say charge full price but maybe give her a freebie for her birthday.

Quite a lot of my friends began as clients, i dont do treatments for free and i dont think they expect it.

This is how we pay our mortgage and buy food for our kids. Most people get that.

Xx

I do £10 for good mates especially as she's been loyal and she's coming to your place so no travel costs, I'm a bit soft tho :(

I do £10 for good mates especially as she's been loyal and she's coming to your place so no travel costs, I'm a bit soft tho :(

Oh I know what you mean but I think like said above This is how we pay our mortgages and buy our food...

I will charge her £15.

I think I needed this reality check from you ladies and see that it's normal to charge friends and not normal to let them have free treatments.

Xxxxx

My mates rate is 50% off, None of them ever expected a discount but they help me out in other ways so i do what i can for them :)

My mates rate is 50% off, None of them ever expected a discount but they help me out in other ways so i do what i can for them :)

That's also a very good idea!

Because I usually go to her (today she's coming to see me) I think I'll stick to £15 as I have to include petrol etc.

Xxx

I think as you actually see her outside of the normal 'treatment' times then I would give a good discount. Providing she was not taking up the space of another client perhap enough to cover your cost and a little bit for you. Any maybe sometimes do it for free as a treat for her. I am a bit soft though..........

xx

Now it's 7;45pm and she should be here at 7pm. She rang to say she'll be a bit late.

That's a joke now!

I work full time in the office and I do beauty part time.

I had a Chance to have a massage client tonight and earn £45 but I said no because I arranged to meet her!

I am really annoyed now!!!
I have to be in bed in 2.5hours at the latest!

Gosh now I feel I could charge her double!!!

Ok- sorry for the rant :(

Latest posts

Back