Non-strip & strip wax? What's the difference & what do I need to start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshineinme

Reaction score
And it's me again....

This question may be really stupid but can someone explain to me the difference between non-strip and strip wax?

I am hoping to do my waxing course in March and I want to buy all the necessities on Excell but it's hard to know what to buy if you don't know what the waxing is about :)

I want to go ahead with Perron Rigot products... Good choice?

And it's me again....

This question may be really stupid but can someone explain to me the difference between non-strip and strip wax?

I am hoping to do my waxing course in March and I want to buy all the necessities on Excell but it's hard to know what to buy if you don't know what the waxing is about :)

I want to go ahead with Perron Rigot products... Good choice?
Perron Rigot - Great Choice of wax .

Basically Strip wax is a warm wax applied on the skin and removed with a paper or fabric strip and is mostly used with either a pot and spatula method or using a roller for the wax application.

Non Strip wax ; often known as hot wax is applied directly to the skin and as it dries the wax shrink wraps the hairs and you remove the set wax ( no paper strips are used) . This is more suitable for intimate and sensitive areas such as -
brazilian/bikini/underarms/face/nostrils/.

If you are using PR waxes then if you can attend one of their discovery days; these are are great wax to see all the waxes and get the chance to have a play with them so you can see which wax best suits your needs.

The most popular PR waxes are - Strip: Cristal Ocean and Non Strip wax - Euroblonde.

HTH Jack

I'd definitely do the course before you buy the kit or you could make a costly mistake!

Wow Jack! Thanks million :) Great advice! Very complex!

Now all makes more sense!

In my defence I want to say that I am an IPL girl myself hence the very little knowledge of the subject. I think I had waxing done not more than 2 times in my life and decided to IPL myself :) I couldn't stand the pain :(
I used to be very hairy! - too much detail? Yehhhh... Sorry

I'd definitely do the course before you buy the kit or you could make a costly mistake!

I am doing the course on 20th March but would like to make the most of the offer on Excell hence andidea of purchasing the essentials like waxes and heater on the show and getting the rest later.

Now I am worried that it can go wrong :(

I'll be working on the Perron Rigot stand again this year at Excel, they have a great offer on again this year for any orders placed at the show. If you come along we can show you how to use all the waxes, and you can choose the ones you wish to order. And you don't have to stock up to take away - you can order for delivery too if you prefer.

I'm a bit different to pretty much every other PR user on the site here, I prefer the Escential range to the Cristal Ocean.

Mat

Absolutely did not intend to panic you!!!! Sorry! :cry: I just meant once you've done the course you'll be able to decide on how you want things, like will you do warm & hot wax and if so will you want two single heaters or a double? Will you be mobile so should you consider rollers for warm. What strips would you prefer for warm waxing, paper or fabric? Spatulas, metal or wood? There's lots to choose from and you want to get what's right for you. There are no 'wrong' choices it's up to you and how you like to work but I just thought you won't know that until you've done the course. Good luck! :)

I'll be working on the Perron Rigot stand again this year at Excel, they have a great offer on again this year for any orders placed at the show. If you come along we can show you how to use all the waxes, and you can choose the ones you wish to order. And you don't have to stock up to take away - you can order for delivery too if you prefer.

I'm a bit different to pretty much every other PR user on the site here, I prefer the Escential range to the Cristal Ocean.

Mat

Hi Mat

That's a fantastic idea!!!!! I will definitely be there.

What time do you think would be best to visit your stand?

Absolutely did not intend to panic you!!!! Sorry! :cry: I just meant once you've done the course you'll be able to decide on how you want things, like will you do warm & hot wax and if so will you want two single heaters or a double? Will you be mobile so should you consider rollers for warm. What strips would you prefer for warm waxing, paper or fabric? Spatulas, metal or wood? There's lots to choose from and you want to get what's right for you. There are no 'wrong' choices it's up to you and how you like to work but I just thought you won't know that until you've done the course. Good luck! :)

So from youre xperience what would be safe to buy on the show to make the most of the offers but not make mistakes?

I will defnitely see Matt at PR and get the waxes! What else would be worth purchasing in advance?

At the show check out Hive for their wax heaters ; they have a great selection of heaters and roller kits.

At the show check out Hive for their wax heaters ; they have a great selection of heaters and roller kits.

Oh yes I have them on my list :) I guess I'll be there all day!

What heater would you recommend? 500cc or 1000cc?

Do I need to have roller waxes or is the usual "dip and spread with spatula" method enough?

Its really down to personal choice as to which method you prefer. A lot of other geeks use and prefer rollers for legs etc, but I always work much better with just a pot and spatula.

The 1000cc heaters are so much better so I would recommend you buy the larger pot.

Good luck with your course and enjoy the show.

HTH Jack

Its really down to personal choice as to which method you prefer. A lot of other geeks use and prefer rollers for legs etc, but I always work much better with just a pot and spatula.

The 1000cc heaters are so much better so I would recommend you buy the larger pot.

Good luck with your course and enjoy the show.

HTH Jack

Thank you Jack!

I will look into rollers as well xxxx

Latest posts

Back