Self waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
just wondering how many of you geeks do your own waxing. i prefare to do it all myself although sometimes it might take me 2 days to get my bikini done properly. haha

Do all of my own including Hollywood although it is probably not a spectator sport! The more you do it the faster you get and if you get fed up you can always have a break and go back to it.

It could be a bit like the Forth Bridge, you finally get to the end and it's time to start all over again LOL! :eek:

Shedunlop: too funny in all my travels I literally once ended up on the forth bridge accidently and did exactly that, only because we realised we were heading in the wrong direction! Lol

Rinn: yep unfortunately I do my own too! I find underarms the hardest and end up almost passng out from going cross eyed trying to focus during wax application n worse in strip removal I've decided I'm going to recruit my bestie for u'arms n trade her like for like. All the rest i find is pretty easy. I just do my "Hollywood" (assuming that means all off?) a little earlier than needed as I think if I left it any later I'd chicken out n end up having to go....well....back to bush! I REALLY don't want that!!!! ;)

Hi, I do my legs, arms, underarms, upper lip and a bikini wax which is so painful. I dread to pull the wax off! I can't get myself to do a hollywood/brazillian it just hurts too much. The rest I find quite easy to do, however when doing back of the legs I do get in all sorts of positions.

lol i think we're all contortionists when it comes to the hollywood.... it's amazing how warm the room gets when your working your way inwards on that one!!

I'm so glad it's not just me!! I feel like a right idiot and the phone ALWAYS rings or the doorbell goes, or hubby/kids just HAVE to speak to me at the exact moment the wax is ready for pulling off on the most crucial part!! I never thought to do it in sessions mind, (think I want to get it over with), I guess it's what's keeping us in business as its much easier to perform most treatments on someone else (thinking spray tans, back massage, lash extensions, hair cutting, painting your opposite hand, etc)

i do my own arms and sometimes lip and eyebrows but i mostly pluck my eyebrows. i cant stand havent my legs waxed hurts me too much

Yep, I do all my own waxing! Arms, legs, Hollywood, eyebrows and lip! I have to get in all sorts of positions!
I find the upper lip the worst :( I'm sometimes sat there for a while before I pull the strip off! Really wish I had a friend I could trade with!! :)

Lmao yes I do my own waxing, brows, full leg, underarms, although haven't mastered the back/bottom half of a Hollywood yet. Actually going to PAY someone to do it this month...shock horror!

I do all my own waxing, legs underarm eyebrows lip and bikini

I want to start doing Hollywood but how do you see to do under bit??!!

I am actually cringing at this thread lol!!! How the HECK do you do your own hollywoods - I can just about tolerate eyebrows!!! xx

It takes me to count to three about ten times to pull my top lip off!
Wish I had the guy to go get a Hollywood! X

I do all my own waxing.. The only thing i find hard is underarms and my hollywood. I have had a couple of mishaps during my hollywood. Stuck myself to the floor, last time i stuck to a towel. Didn't relise untill i moved and stood up to get the phone. lol
I had some telesales phone whilst doing my hollywood. I stayed on the phone,, lol. Poor bloke must of wondered what i was doing as i was breathing heavy on some parts, and 'ouching' on others. lol
I often speak to my best mate whilst i do it, as it takes the edge of, if that makes sense. lol
I allowed my partner to do a underarm, NEVER AGAIN!

I do my own too :D U/a, brows, legs, feet & toes or else I look like an extra from Lord of The Rings, lol! And I do a '1/2 Brazilian' which just means the bit I can see, lol!

It's quite easy doing your under-arms if you use a wall mirror and stretch your arm as far over the back to the opposite side as possible. It doesn't hurt half as much (or bruise) and you can see in the mirror what's come off :D

Xx

I do all my own waxing, legs underarm eyebrows lip and bikini

I want to start doing Hollywood but how do you see to do under bit??!!

You have to do it by feel really which is a bit different really to start with. You do get used to it though. You do have to be a bit flexible and totally fearless...or stupid LOL!:eek:

mirror on the bed, one leg up beside it, the other on the floor, then do it bit by bit. a word of warning though, do not attempt your own intimate waxing when you have consumed alcohol ... you tend to get a bit reckless.

"a word of warning though, do not attempt your own intimate waxing when you have consumed alcohol ... you tend to get a bit reckless" Rinn

Rinn: LMAO! I second that! Though if you can stop at one, one does help take the edge off!

"a word of warning though, do not attempt your own intimate waxing when you have consumed alcohol ... you tend to get a bit reckless" Rinn

Rinn: LMAO! I second that! Though if you can stop at one, one does help take the edge off!

lol, alcohol does take the edge of. Hence i got stuck to the floor. Legs in air. Wacked wax up crack of bum as best i could, and then sat on it :eek:
Landline and mobile phone stays with me now. Hence im on phone ot someone when i wax myself. Takes edge of as i talking non stop. lol.

upper lip and around ankles I scream, in private he he, anything else i am fine with, never had brazilian or hollywood, off to egypt in may, might need a bit more in depth removal?? dreading it though

lol, alcohol does take the edge of. Hence i got stuck to the floor. Legs in air. Wacked wax up crack of bum as best i could, and then sat on it :eek:
Landline and mobile phone stays with me now. Hence im on phone ot someone when i wax myself. Takes edge of as i talking non stop. lol.

I am going to have this image in my head for the rest of the day now! :lol:

Latest posts

Back