Exfoliation with spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karla1974

Reaction score
Hi geeks, wondered if you could give me some advise.
I've just taken the leap and completed my spray tanning with nouvatan two weeks ago!!
I'm totally addicted to it and love the product, but was just wondering what to tell clients with regards to exfoliation, I have a lady that I did last Monday and she wants to come back next Monday for another one so would she need to make sure her last tan is all gone or could she just exfoliate the day before as normal or would this go patchy? Hope you can help, thanks xx

Id say make sure all her last tan is off, as iv done it myself and gone over and that tan just sticks to the.patchy bits :)

Not been doing this for very long myself, however have had loads of spray tans over time. This is purely my opinion and a more experienced geek may give more accurate advise.

Usually it takes about 10 days for tan to come off imo. It also depends on how well they have followed aftercare advice. Personally I start to exfoliate to ensure even fade off after about 3/4 days after application.

If the client still has tan on their skin when you respray, they may get dark patches where old tan hasn't been removed. If fade off is even then you should be ok. Some clients want to be resprayed every week, you just need to decide whether your willing to respray them. If they end up with a patchy tan they will prob blame you and its not a great advert. HTH

You can only advise a client, it may be that they don't have any residual tan after that time but if they do just tell them what the outcome could be and if they still want it there's not alot you can do. If your honest and they don't take advise you cannot be held accountable. :)

You can only advise a client, it may be that they don't have any residual tan after that time but if they do just tell them what the outcome could be and if they still want it there's not alot you can do. If your honest and they don't take advise you cannot be held accountable. :)

Completely agree. My only concern would be if the tan wasn't great and other ppl asked the client who did their tan. Client is unlikely to explain tans patchy because they insisted on respraying over old tan and they failed to prep skin adequetely etc. You could end up tarnishing your name unfairly. Sorry I haven't worded this well!

I get my own tan done every week....I exfoliate the night before...tan always turns out perfect...the trick is to make sure client moisturises WELL every day...so when she exfoliates old tan comes off very easily..I've been spraytanning for 3 years...if client follows your instructions no problem😄 hth

Brilliant, thanks guys, I've told her to exfoliate and I've said that if she has an uneven tan already that tanning over this could make it worse, she still wants me to do it so I'll see how it goes, thanks again x

Latest posts

Back