Eyelash Extension Geek advice - what length shall I use for my client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbissell86

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Im coming towards the end of my case studies for EE and want to do a really nice full set of lashes to finish off and feel confident.

My client wants full lashes and slightly longer than her normal lashes. I really want to do a really good set. Can you give me some advice?

For instance should I use 10s 12s and 14s or could I go up to 11s 13s and 15s? or is there another way of graduating the lengths?

Also what sort of lengths do you tend to use on the inner corners. Im feeling more confident as I go along but chosing the right length is proving to be the hardest task at the moment.

Any help and advice will be so appreciated!

I have put a pic of the lashes I did on her previously which was B curl in 10 12 and 14. I did 10 inner corner 12 middle and 14 on the outer parts of her eye but would like to acheive fuller look this time.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 217
Ps the picture was my 2nd ever attempt at eyelash extensions so go easy lol x

Hey before I give u some tips just need to ask u what look does your friend want to achieve u said glamour full but curly or just a full look? Xx

Hiya, as you probably know, the rule of thumb is do not exceed a half to a third longer than then natural lash.

Personally I would go shorter at the inner corner, so I would go down to an 8 or a 9, longer than this can irritate the client as a 10 is quite long on the inner corner, you can then go up in 2s or 1s whichever you feel will give the look you desire,

so for example, 9, 11, 13 - dependent on how long you feel she can go. To achieve a fuller look, make sure you mix your 11s with your 13s, alternatively you could mix some 10s throughout the lash line, this will give the illusion of a dense, thicker lash line.

Of course this will all depend on what look your client is wanting, Im working on a classic sweep.

Hope that helps xx

Hiya, as you probably know, the rule of thumb is do not exceed a half to a third longer than then natural lash.

Personally I would go shorter at the inner corner, so I would go down to an 8 or a 9, longer than this can irritate the client as a 10 is quite long on the inner corner, you can then go up in 2s or 1s whichever you feel will give the look you desire,

so for example, 9, 11, 13 - dependent on how long you feel she can go. To achieve a fuller look, make sure you mix your 11s with your 13s, alternatively you could mix some 10s throughout the lash line, this will give the illusion of a dense, thicker lash line.

Of course this will all depend on what look your client is wanting, Im working on a classic sweep.

Hope that helps xx

Soooooo helpful thank you so much, I really love all the advice on here.

My friend would like a noticable look but not too over the top. so not a full on glamour set but something in betw.

I currently use B and C curls as Ive moved on from J but still a novice.

Any other opinions?

xx

My client wants full lashes and slightly longer than her normal lashes. I really want to do a really good set.

Ha ha, if I had a pound for every time I have a new client that says this!! Then once they've had this, the next time "can I have them a little longer??"

Lashes are additictive!

Apart from that I agree with everything Blinkingorgeous has says, I go up in 2mm sizes, starting from anything between 7 & 9mm in the inside corner. If your client is nervous about them being fake, I go on the side of caution and go not too long as when you have double the amount of lashes on your eyes than normal, they will be surprised at how long they look anyway. I do find that their second visit is where I usually find their perfect look.

Good luck!!

H xx

Latest posts

Back