Which spray tanning machine to purchase?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jemscallofbeaut

Reaction score
can anyone helo? I am so confused as to what tanning machine to purchase, i have seen so many different ones, i am a mobile beautician and am going to offer spray tans i need a machine that is light but can keep up with a few spray tans a night if i was to do a tanning party although as i do all other aspects of beauty im not planning on doing tanning constantly. Can anyone recommend a good, cheapish machine that i can purchase?

I have been drawn to OMG alot as i like the sound of theri solutions although i have never tried the tan myself, can any help me and give me any feedback as to how good OMG products are?

many thx x x:o

My advice would be the get the best one you can afford. By ringing around you will get advice on the best one for you
The quality of the machine you get will make all the difference. One bad tan and the whole town will know about it....
I was previously using the superpig and was only getting about 10 sprays per litre, since changing my machine i now get about 23-30 obv depending on client size :o
you will soon make your money back by investing in a good one.
whitetobrown - HVLP spray system
This is the machine i use. its probably not suitable for mobile work but still its quite light.
This one would be more suitable for you I think.
whitetobrown - A complete, professional start-up kit ideal for both salons and mobile therapists.
i hope this helped!

Hi, I'm just about to go mobile aswell and i got my machine from Suntana's ebay shop for £149.99 including P&P. It's a maximist XL wich is is capable of doing a good few tans and also tan-partys plus its compact enough to carry about with you. If you go on the Suntana website they have a wee chart thing that shows you what each machine is capable of.

HTH :) x

Ah thankyou that has helped. So would you recommend the hvlp 5008 or the hvlp 700 as I like both these and had read very good reviews about them both. It's so hard as each person has their own preference but I'm struggling on what tan to start trying first aswel. I'm a huge fan of fake tan and fussy with it so if I try them on myself I'm sure I'll find a good one. Thx ladies x x

Hi I use the 5008 with OMG tan I really like the gun and their tans, it's light weight and I found it to be very reasonable in price.

Maybe ring round get some samples test some solutions and decide which solution you like best then just decide on a gun hth x

hvlp 5800 :) i love it :D x

T200 True Spray from Sienna X!

I would say HVLP 5008 (also known as maximist 5008) is the machine to go for. It is light enough to go mobile (I use it mobile) and will cope with doing tans all day long should you ever need it to.

It is a very popular machine and available from loads of suppliers and therefore it is usually possible to get a very, very good deal on it. If you search this site you will find loads and loads of threads about this machine and within them I'm sure you will find tons of links to deals that have been recomended by many a Geek (myself included).

As for what solution to go with that really is a minefield in that you can't ask what brand is best and expect all the tanners to answer the same as there are just sooo many brands out there and each tanner likes different things about different solutions and has different requirements of the solution. What I like others don't and vice versa. There will not be one brand that comes out top when you ask on a huge forum like this.

The best advice you will get regarding solution is to get samples and try them out for yourself to find one you & your clients are happy with.

I use the TS20 I love it, I get about 20 tans out of a litre and it is very light for mobile work, No mess, you can also do up to ten tans in a row with this machine.

Latest posts

Back