Semi perm make-up, yes or no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sher16

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has semi perm make up done from a consumer perspective..?

I am blonde and have ashy blonde brows. I tint/pencil them in, i tint them myself (qualified) to brown and have them very arched. I tried Hd But was told i needed them to be thicker which wasnt possible as my brows arent thick when they fully grow in, i just make them arched!

So...my q is...would semi perm be good for me? Do you currently have your brows/lips etc done? If so how do you rate it - price&result vs tinting / pencilling?

X

I wonder if anyone has semi perm make up done from a consumer perspective..?

I am blonde and have ashy blonde brows. I tint/pencil them in, i tint them myself (qualified) to brown and have them very arched. I tried Hd But was told i needed them to be thicker which wasnt possible as my brows arent thick when they fully grow in, i just make them arched!

So...my q is...would semi perm be good for me? Do you currently have your brows/lips etc done? If so how do you rate it - price&result vs tinting / pencilling?

X

I have my eyebrows & top & bottom liner done & I love it. I am dark haired, but the tattoo gave me great broe definition. I love the liner as I am a fitness instructor & cant wear make up when I teach as it runs. I think it would be great for your brows x

I saw a client the other day who has just had her lips done in semi perm and they looked beautiful. A really lovely soft natural colour, perfect for every day

Sent from my generic using SalonGeek

Permanent make up can look lovely as long as its carried out by a good technician.
There are lots out there but few great ones.
Its great for fair haired clients as unlike tint you can choose the correct shade and are not limited to one colour.
Id say go for it, but do your research and check they have an amazing looking portfolio.
As my dad would say 'pay peanuts and you get monkeys!' so do not be led by the cheapest. Save up and get a great treatment.
I get calls all the time with clients telling me that 'x' down the road does it cheaper than me!........... those doing it at a really cheap rate cant be busy, therefore drop their price to get people through the door.
good luck!

claire x

Permanent make up can look lovely as long as its carried out by a good technician.
There are lots out there but few great ones.
Its great for fair haired clients as unlike tint you can choose the correct shade and are not limited to one colour.
Id say go for it, but do your research and check they have an amazing looking portfolio.
As my dad would say 'pay peanuts and you get monkeys!' so do not be led by the cheapest. Save up and get a great treatment.
I get calls all the time with clients telling me that 'x' down the road does it cheaper than me!........... those doing it at a really cheap rate cant be busy, therefore drop their price to get people through the door.
good luck!

claire x

Yes - definitely make sure you get a good technician! The last thing you want is to go to someone ostensibly cheap who turns out not to be very good at all, and makes a right mess of your face - that you then have to pay a lot more money for someone who knows what they are doing to try and fix... when you would have got a better result for less money by going to someone good in the first place (and avoided the trauma of having to live with crap looking permanent make-up for any length of time)...

Ive had my top & bottom liner done & I love it! I think its worth the investment but do make sure you research the therapist & get a good one.

I have had mine done and I have blonde hair not much of an eyebrow ( never plucked just never grown). I loved it at first but found that the colour faded after a month I was penciling in again!! Don't think this was the way it was done as my lady has carried it out on a lot of people I know, I am not sure if it has anything to do with the pigmentation of fair people as obviously we can't go so dark on the colour when it is first applied.. Would maybe consider having a top up before my holiday as I look strange without makeup cause my brows hardly exists lol x

I had mine done 4 years ago and it cost me a lot of money I had them done 3 or 4 times and the colour just kept disappearing. I then had them done by someone else and again the colour disappeared. I finally had then done again last summer by someone else, it cost me half the price of the first technician and finally I have eyebrows. So the most expensive is not always the best.

I have seen clients though with brows that are far too dark or have gone orange though.

Do lots of research first :lol:

Latest posts

Back