Eye cream advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
Just after a bit of advise I am a nail technician and do a little beauty waxing tanning. I am nearly 40 and getting really bad lines around my eyes I have dry skin but when I use eye creams my left eye goes really puffy underneath I really want to prevent the signs of ageing as much as possible but eyes really do bother me . Can anyone give me advice please on what I can do as in our jobs we need to look the best we can

I actually use the same cream for my face around my eyes! I use Monu Collagen cream, it's light but rich. If your skin is dry and causing premature wrinkles around your eyes have you considered diet/lifestyle? Do you smoke or drink? Do you drink lots of water to hydrate from the inside out? Good luck!

I do drink water and I eat an average diet don't really drink much and never smoked x

Do all of the creams you've tried make your left eye puffy?

I would definitely recommend a separate eye cream to facial cream as the area is more delicate and sensitive.

Have you tried the Elemis Eye and Lip Contour Cream? Or if it's hydration of the area that you are concerned with try Elemis Absolute Eye Serum. If you go to an Elemis counter (you should be able to find one in Deenhams or John Lewis) they should be able to supply you with a tester, so you can try before you buy :)
Rhiannon x

Have you consulted a doctor?

I was thinking if this was an allergic reaction to the creams then it should effect both eyes.

I'm not sure if something like a blocked tear duct or inflammation could be exasperated by something in the creams your using but it might be worthwhile getting it checked out.

Hope you get the underlying problem sorted so you can find a cream that gives the effects your after :)

Lindsey x

Thanks for your reply yeah so far it seems to be every cream I have tried not sure if it's cause they are just standard creams from super market etc maybe worth investing in a better make but scared of spending the money for my eye to go puffy. When I don't use eye cream my eye isn't puffy but I need to use one as my lines are getting very noticeable so if any of u can recommend one that will be good and will help get rid of my lines x

It could be your application??
I was always taught to apply in a light tapping motion with the ring finger, and apply the eye cream first, before moisturiser/night cream. Only a tiny amount is needed, apply to the boney area of the eye socket not on the soft tissue of the eye (altho check instructions as some eye creams you can apply to the tissue area)
hth xx

Never thought of that I just put it on and rub it in lol will just try putting it on the bone area it he skin in the corner (near my nose) feels really tight x

Latest posts

Back