The Academy of Makeup, Scotland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glamgal10

Reaction score
Hey geeks,
I am thinking about enrolling on a course at the above school in Glasgow.
Just wondered if anyone had attended and what your thoughts were .

Hi there! I know this reply is a little on the late side, but I attended the Academy of Makeup last October and I cannot tell you how fantastic it's been! I did the pro-makeup artistry course, which is a two week long intensive course, and the training was amazing. The tutors are incredibly talented, but also really down to earth so the atmosphere is really relaxed and friendly. The aftercare service is what really makes this course stand out from some of the others. I've worked backstage at the Scottish Style Awards, at Birmingham Clothes Show Live, and numerous other charity fashion shows and assisted at some incredible photoshoots for Harris Tweed, Rox Jewellers and Slaters Menswear. I recently worked at the Edinburgh College of Art fashion show, and all that is down to the aftercare service! The tutors constantly email out calls for artists to work at these events as part of the academy pro-team, which means you make great contacts in the industry, but also make good friends out of all the other academy graduates! It also helps build your confidence as it makes sure you are improving your skills with practise straight away. I can't recommend it enough, so definitely look into booking a course! x

Latest posts

Back