Cluster lash glue stinging eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melfro

Reaction score
Hi.....I have been very busy with clients wanting cluster lashes. The only problem I have is that all clients say that the glue stings their eyes.
I use as little glue as possible and apply the lashes exactly as we were shown at college, but whatever I do the glue continues to get in people's eyes.
The stinging does not last long, but I'm sure it's not right and was just after some opinions on this or any tips on how to avoid this?

thanks! x

what glue are you using?
x

Salon system individual eyelash glue

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Hi.....I have been very busy with clients wanting cluster lashes. The only problem I have is that all clients say that the glue stings their eyes.
I use as little glue as possible and apply the lashes exactly as we were shown at college, but whatever I do the glue continues to get in people's eyes.
The stinging does not last long, but I'm sure it's not right and was just after some opinions on this or any tips on how to avoid this?

thanks! x

Do you apply eyes open or closed.x

I've found Ardell's Lashtite to be less fumey.

Im assuming you are applying with eyes open as their cluster lashes, thats why the eyes of your clients are stinging, because you are using a glue intended for individual extensions where the eyes would be closed upon application.
Either change to a cluster lash glue as said above, or use a no fume lash glue.
x

Im assuming you are applying with eyes open as their cluster lashes, thats why the eyes of your clients are stinging, because you are using a glue intended for individual extensions where the eyes would be closed upon application.
Either change to a cluster lash glue as said above, or use a no fume lash glue.
x

This glue is Fumey but not strong. It's suggested for cluster lashes. I'd never use this for anything I wanted to last longer than a week x

This glue is Fumey but not strong. It's suggested for cluster lashes. I'd never use this for anything I wanted to last longer than a week x

Oh ok. Does it only cause stinging in some clients? It could just be that some people are more sensitive than others.
x

Oh ok. Does it only cause stinging in some clients? It could just be that some people are more sensitive than others.
x

Yeah hun I think so. I mean it doesn't sting me and I do my own eyes open. I always do clusters eyes shut though just because I find it more relaxing for client x it stings for 30 seconds if not less on some clients when they open their eyes x

Blimey, I never do clusters shut as you would have to tape down lower lashes so that they dont get caught. I offer them as more of a quick treatment, so do them with eyes open and the client sitting on a chair.
x

Blimey, I never do clusters shut as you would have to tape down lower lashes so that they dont get caught. I offer them as more of a quick treatment, so do them with eyes open and the client sitting on a chair.
x

Yeah I always tape them down. I take about 10-15 mins in total. Is that long?

I do them with eyes closed and ask the client to open their eyes periodically to prevent sticking their eyes together.
the glue is recommended for cluster lashes and yes it seems to sting everybody. It only lasts about 30 seconds but just wanted to know if it was avoidable.

I do them with eyes closed and ask the client to open their eyes periodically to prevent sticking their eyes together.
the glue is recommended for cluster lashes and yes it seems to sting everybody. It only lasts about 30 seconds but just wanted to know if it was avoidable.

Ok well I would probably say no it's not avoidable. As silly as it sounds I find most people are prepared to have their eyes sting for 30 seconds in the name of beauty :)

Yes people don't really seem to mind 'no pain, no gain'.

ardelle lashtite is definately less fumey, I use that now instead of salon systems.

I do them with salon systems glue with eyes closed and taped down bottom lashes. I also get them to keep eyes closed for a couple of minutes after I'm done to let the glue dry. No stingy eyes as the vapours are gone when it's dry! Hope this helps! Xxx

Great thanks, Sill question but what do you use to tape down bottom lashes? thanks

I use micropore pore and just place it over the bottom lashes which ensures no lashes getting stuck together.

Although I could do with a recommendation for a more low tack micropore tape, I'm using a 3m from chemist and it's a bit too sticky for my clients.

Latest posts

Back