Calling all Carlton Ultra Visage owners.....!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petit Basque

Reaction score
Some advice and guidance would be very very much appreciated!!!

I'm doing Level 3 Beauty at college and we have only recently moved onto microcurrent machines. We use the Ultra Visage at college and both of my lecturers (who have their own salons) also own one each and rave about the great results they have on their clients and how happy their clients are. The routine has been demonstrated and I do understand what to do.

As my client base tend to be 45+, I felt that this would be of great interest to many of them and duly acquired myself a second hand Ultra Visage which I sent off to Carlton to be serviced and checked over and was returned to me deemed in perfect working order!! Great stuff!!

With the use of the Ultra Visage manual and also a training CD lent to me by college, I have been carrying out treatments twice a week on my very willing guineapig and she really loves the treatment.

She is only 41 but already has some very deep expression lines (she has a very mobile face and expressive personality) which realistically I don't think a course of non-surgical facelifting will erase and a very slight slackening around the mid part of the face and jaw line After 5 treatments, there really is a noticeable approvement to the texture and tone of her skin but if I were to put my hand on my heart, I can't see a great deal of difference to her muscle tone in her face.

I took a before photo when we started the course of 10 and will take another at the end but I am really worried that we are not going to see a noticeable difference!!!

Does anyone have any hints, tips or experiences they could share with me to ensure that I get the very best out of the Ultra Visage for my client and that she gets the very best result possible??

Also, the mysterious "Electro lotion" that needs to be applied to the face in order for conductivity and "slip" to take place seems to dry so quickly and I always feel that time is wasted during the treatment reapplying the damn stuff! Does anyone use anything else that sits on the skin for longer that they can recommend??

Sorry for such a long post....really hope that somebody can help!!:Love:

In anticipation.....................

PB
x

Hello
This is a completely non related question but which course are u on? The Carlton Elite NVQ fast-track course? how do u find it? Id be very interested to hear! Thanks in advance! x

Hello
This is a completely non related question but which course are u on? The Carlton Elite NVQ fast-track course? how do u find it? Id be very interested to hear! Thanks in advance! x

I am attending my local college doing NVQ Level 3 General Route Beauty Therapy which I am funding myself as I am a mature student.

PB
x

I have the Arasys Perfector and they use a gel based conductivity product - if Carlton do not do one try one from Ellisons range as I think you will find that better. Also do not be afraid to really get in there and work the muscle. Very slack skin would probably need more treatments or 2/3 per week to get it toned. :biggrin:

I don't know about the visage machine but I do have the A-Lift machine. Some people can see a result after one treatment but it's usually after 6 or 7 treatments that you get to see a result.
Keep going and hopefully you should see a result. Have you been taking photos? Sometimes you think there has been no improvement but you tend to forget what they looked like to start with.
I do course of 10 and take pictures before, after 1 session, after 3,5,7 and 10 sessions.

Thank you so much for your replies. Yes maybe photos at more frequent intervals would help so I may try that next time she comes in!

Carlton advise that treatments can take place 4 days apart which means only twice a week. I have recently turned up the intensity on the machine do maybe that will help also.

Carlton also advise that you use their electro lotion which thin saline gel liquid which works fine but drys out on the skin so quickly. I would like to try and find an alternative.

I really want to make a success of this treatment as advanced facial techniques are my passion!

I would be particularly interested in hearing from someone who uses one.

Many thanks
PB
X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I use a Vitalift machine by Dectro International (they make the Apilus electrolysis machines).

I use gels for all sorts of facial treatments: galvanic etc and radio frequency. They all dry pretty fast because they are water-based. They can't have oil in as it would act as a barrier to current (obviously...). I find the best method is to apply the gel to the area that I am working on and then re-apply when I move the electrodes. The Eve Taylor Time-Line Response serum is also formulated to work with microcurrent. A great add-in to treatment.

I keep a small bowl (SMALL) at the head of the couch so I can add a little water as needed to keep the gel pliant - or add more gel. It does need a thick layer.

My own question is: HOW MANY OF YOU USE THE METAL ELECTODES (E.G. BALL ELECTRODE AND BAR? I was taught to use the cotton-tipped buds but I see a lot of devices that are working with the electrodes on the skin. See YouTube etc and there is a range of methods used....

Good luck with the Visage. If you don't get the results you want, you might have to look at a more sophisticated machine. No, offense, but it's probes only and no full-face pads and the programme range is very limited.

Sorry long post, but it's a really interesting subject for we facial nerds!!:biggrin:

I use the Icon Ultra Lift and I now use the small metal probes as it gives a much better result.

Hi PB
Im currently doing my level 3 and using the Ultra Visage we use a lotion from the Priadara (sp?) range from ellisions, it can dry out also during the treatment but having not used carltons not sure how it compares maybe worth a try i dont think it expensive?
I tend to keep a small pot of it next to me to dip the probes into i think probably as its a long winded treatment there maybe no getting round the lotions drying/absorbing into the skin, sorry probably not much help!
my tutor did tell me not to be frightened of really getting in there with the probes when doing the lift with the muscles to ensure your not just grabbing skin or the edge of the muscle (i found it helpful to go over the origin and insertion of the muscles so i could really visualise where the belly of the muscle was) where you grab them and for how long you hold them for would also make a difference as to the amount of toning it receives im sure.
i'd be interested to hear how much you paid for your machine and how much it was to service it with carlton if you dont mind to pm me?
im hoping to also offer this treatment but having seen how expensive they are to buy new the best i can hope for its to save for a pre used one! :D

I use the ultra visage machine and when i did my training i can use colloidal masque(Dermalogica). Why dont you phone them and ask what product you can use out of the product range you use.

Kirsty

Latest posts

Back