Online spray training/ barrier cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden

Reaction score
hi,
do people use barrier cream before spray tanning? or is Vaseline just as good?? My friend uses Vaseline but thinking it may be too greasy...
Noticed LA tanning has brought out on line spray tan, im thinking of completing it for a refresher. x

I use Sienna X barrier cream as that is the tanning brand I use. It doesn't cost much and lasts for ages. Why people use vaseline or anything other than actual barrier cream is beyond me. Its not designed for purpose and doesn't look professional and seems pointless but each to their own.

It depends what you want to use it for.
A complete barrier to stop any absorption then you could use vaseline, but just to hinder the amount of absorption for dry areas like knees, elbows and heels I use Aqueous.

Not all brands have barrier creams its not possible to use a branded one. I think using Aqueous cream looks fine.

Not sure what you mean by online spray training??? Do you feel you need a refresher??? And personally I feel that if I did I would want a live human being with me.

x

Thanks for the replies; I may just stick to the barrier cream then. As I suppose that’s what it is designed for. Apologies Miss Pink23 i meant ''online spray tan training'' lol..I just feel I could do with a refresher, as times change etc, as it was a few yrs ago I trained now. Its like a milatray task for me to leave the home with my small children, so thought i could do it at home when there in bed. it seems reasonably priced too.

Thanks for the replies; I may just stick to the barrier cream then. As I suppose that’s what it is designed for. Apologies Miss Pink23 i meant ''online spray tan training'' lol..I just feel I could do with a refresher, as times change etc, as it was a few yrs ago I trained now. Its like a milatray task for me to leave the home with my small children, so thought i could do it at home when there in bed. it seems reasonably priced too.

I realise you meant training, I just dont see what you will get out of it without a human being there with you. - It would be like watching a you tube video
x

im going to give them a call and get more info on it, i will let u know what its about..

Just rang LA Tanning, it seems like its not a case of just reading on line. You have to upload pics of tans you have done for assessment also; they said there are 6 modules and an exam after each. You get online tutoring and support. I asked about a cert they assured me ones sent on completion if passed of the course. I asked if I don’t pass (hopefully I will) do I have to pay again, and they said no. Its all accredited to, im going to give it a go!!ekkk…

Just rang LA Tanning, it seems like its not a case of just reading on line. You have to upload pics of tans you have done for assessment also; they said there are 6 modules and an exam after each. You get online tutoring and support. I asked about a cert they assured me ones sent on completion if passed of the course. I asked if I don’t pass (hopefully I will) do I have to pay again, and they said no. Its all accredited to, im going to give it a go!!ekkk…

Hmmmm I am naturally a bit dubious of online courses, especially those where it is basically impossible to learn properly without a tutor by your side.

I understand in terms of nails etc where refresher courses are necessary for new products that come out, but where tanning is concerned I feel that if you can spray tan then you can spray tan.
All you will learn IMO is maybe different ways to spray.

The only thing with regards to tanning that I would maybe pay to learn is how to do contouring to emphasise muscles.
x

I completed the online training with LA Tanning to, it was easy to complete and I loved doing it in my own home! It covered everything I wanted to know Bought the start up kit from them too!:biggrin:

How long did it take u to complete the online training??

Hi girls, I to did LA tannings on line spray tan training, really glad I did. It was great to do sat on my sofa lol. it took me about 4hrs all in all, then i had to do spray tans on models them upload the pics. My certificate came today..whoop! the course covered EVERYTHING and even marketing and banking tips. Really chuffed with the kit I got from them too, great value. So excited to start my new business up xxx

Latest posts

Back