Frown lines -how to make them less visible

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea27

Reaction score
I have pretty bad frown lines, from frowning a lot when I was younger :mad: I am in my late twenties and I want to see botox as my last option. I have no other wrinkles or lines but my frown lines do stand out quite badly.
I know there is probably not much I can do, as damage has already been done, but maybe anyone knows of a product/massage movements or anything that would help them smooth out a bit?
Thank you in advance

Sorry but Botox is the only thing that really works.

Thanks Kim, I was expecting this answer:biggrin:

I have pretty bad frown lines, from frowning a lot when I was younger :mad: I am in my late twenties and I want to see botox as my last option. I have no other wrinkles or lines but my frown lines do stand out quite badly.
I know there is probably not much I can do, as damage has already been done, but maybe anyone knows of a product/massage movements or anything that would help them smooth out a bit?
Thank you in advance

Hi Andrea

Yes Botox is the best option for pretty much eradicating them but there is a great product you can use which will diffuse them and improve their appearance.

It's by Olay and is called 30 second Wrinkle Filler. It comes in a silver plastic tube.It's like a primer but is flesh coloured and you just sort of pat it over the lines. I think it can be used under make up but I prefer to use it after I have applied my make up.

It's got a soft silky and powdery texture and I think really improves the look of lines and wrinkles and the effects last for hours. You only need a small amount and so a tube lasts quite a while.

You can pick them up off Ebay far cheaper than from Boots! I have botox around my eyes but when it is starting to wear off, I use this and find I can leave my next botox appointment for a few weeks more!

HTH
PB
x

Botox is just fab, I love it......no more frown lines :biggrin:

Botox is just fab, I love it......no more frown lines :biggrin:

I agree it is wonderful on "dynamic' lines which are the lines that appear when you smile or frown but not as effective on deep set lines which are visible on the face when it is immobile.

PB
X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Actually I have a deep set horizontal frown between my eyes - probably years of squinting when driving or possibly looking like a miserable bugger...

Anyhow, I have had botox done in the past but never on a regular basis and even with my deep set frown it smoothed it over brilliantly which I didn't expect.

Never tried any fillers because I figured even if the frown was filled/smoothed out I'd still be able to frown and I'd be back where I started.

Actually I have a deep set horizontal frown between my eyes - probably years of squinting when driving or possibly looking like a miserable bugger...

Anyhow, I have had botox done in the past but never on a regular basis and even with my deep set frown it smoothed it over brilliantly which I didn't expect.

Never tried any fillers because I figured even if the frown was filled/smoothed out I'd still be able to frown and I'd be back where I started.

I'm really pleased it worked for you. Odd really because when I started having botox 6 years ago, I was told that it wouldn't be as effective on deep set, deeply engraved lines! Perhaps things have moved on in 6 years!!!

It is totally brilliant stuff and having seen old photos with me without it, I really couldn't contemplate not having it done now lol! I'd rather not eat!:biggrin:

PB
x

Hi Andrea

Yes Botox is the best option for pretty much eradicating them but there is a great product you can use which will diffuse them and improve their appearance.

It's by Olay and is called 30 second Wrinkle Filler. It comes in a silver plastic tube.It's like a primer but is flesh coloured and you just sort of pat it over the lines. I think it can be used under make up but I prefer to use it after I have applied my make up.

It's got a soft silky and powdery texture and I think really improves the look of lines and wrinkles and the effects last for hours. You only need a small amount and so a tube lasts quite a while.

You can pick them up off Ebay far cheaper than from Boots! I have botox around my eyes but when it is starting to wear off, I use this and find I can leave my next botox appointment for a few weeks more!

HTH
PB
x
Thanks for this. I am off to buy this Wrinkle filler on ebay. I am pretty desperate, even if it helps a little bit ,I 'll be happy :biggrin:

I think I will have botox eventually but I just want to delay having it as long as possible. I am still fairly young and as you have to keep having your botox done every few moths or so I want to delay it and save the money at the moment. It can get quite pricey in the long term , isn't it?
Thanks for your advice guys, I 'll try the mentioned cream first and see how it goes.

Yep, I'd wait and save your money. :biggrin:

I didn't have botox done until I was 37 and I'm 43 now but even then I have it done only about once a year or for special occassions. Can't really afford to have it done every 3 months, unfortunately.

I have these aswell i use Avon youth Serum and when applying make up i put concealer on my forehead where the lines are then apply my face make up it really deos help fill the gap temp.

Im going for botox tho for my wedding next year

Hi hun

This is what I use every night Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector - Serums - Skin Care - Clinique UK

And every night I massage my forehead and stretch the muscles.

I saw the difference in just 3 weeks :) And I am very proud of it!

With regards to the massage I did some research on Youtube and picked and chosen what works for me best.

i am personally against botox.

xxxx​

Thanks for that, I have always massaged my face when cleansing my face in the evening, but will look up some massage movements specially for that area between my brows.
Can I ask did you see the difference doing the combination of both (serum&massage) or just the serum?

Last edited:
I started serum and massaging together. I had a sample from Clinique and fallen in love with the product!

I was desperate to get good results "now" and I knew that without massaging and smoothing the muscles I wouldn't go far.

I really believe in the power of our touch...with a little bit of help from Clinique ;)

I massage between my eyebrows with two fingers up to hair line and back down to the top end of my nasal bone. Whilst massaging I sort of glide my fingers apart going up and rejoin going down.
I repeat that all the way along the forehead and I always stretch & smooth sideways the skin and muscles on my forehead and sort off gently pull my brows apart by sliding my fingers along them from inside towards my ears! If you know what I mean.

That's probably a pretty pants description of what I do but I tried hard :)
I love my massage routing as I genuinely feel like my facial muscles are relaxing after a day of griming, frowning and being my slaves :)

Xxxx

I started serum and massaging together. I had a sample from Clinique and fallen in love with the product!

I was desperate to get good results "now" and I knew that without massaging and smoothing the muscles I wouldn't go far.

I really believe in the power of our touch...with a little bit of help from Clinique ;)

I massage between my eyebrows with two fingers up to hair line and back down to the top end of my nasal bone. Whilst massaging I sort of glide my fingers apart going up and rejoin going down.
I repeat that all the way along the forehead and I always stretch & smooth sideways the skin and muscles on my forehead and sort off gently pull my brows apart by sliding my fingers along them from inside towards my ears! If you know what I mean.

That's probably a pretty pants description of what I do but I tried hard :)
I love my massage routing as I genuinely feel like my facial muscles are relaxing after a day of griming, frowning and being my slaves :)

Xxxx
Thank you ,you explained it brilliantly! I will start doing it from tonight. I am a bit "scared" of botox and really want to see it as last option.Or at least delay having it as much as I can.
Thank you again for your replies.

Good luck and let us know how things are going xxxx

Botox all the way for me! Love it! I dont have it done so I'm "solid", I always have a tiny bit of movement, so it leaves people thinking ........

I think I will have botox eventually but I just want to delay having it as long as possible. I am still fairly young and as you have to keep having your botox done every few moths or so I want to delay it and save the money at the moment. It can get quite pricey in the long term , isn't it?
Thanks for your advice guys, I 'll try the mentioned cream first and see how it goes.

Hi,

Regarding having botox every few months, what I find with my clients is that if they keep it up every three to four months for the first year or so, then they can reduce the frequency of their treatments. This is because the botox lets the muscles 'rest' between treatment so eventually even deep set static lines begin to fade.

Skin is always easier to treat the next session and the results continue to improve and can even prevent deeper lines forming in the future.

It is a financial investment to think about, but I can't think of a better investment than in your own face.

Hope this helps!

BotoxBoy
Adam Williams Aesthetics - Manchester City Centre Clinic - Home

Thank you BotoxBoy, it is helpful. Like I said, I think I will have it eventually, but as I am still in my 20s I want to delay it as much as possible as it's costly.

Latest posts

Back