Intensive training advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookies

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm qualified in VTCT L2 Sports and fitness therapies and L3 Swedish Massage. I'm also qualified in NVQ L2 Beauty Therapy and basically did the first year of a foundation degree in salon management which involved all of the practical aspect of beauty but due to relcoation i had to give up the course. anyways i want to do my level 3 beauty to get my certificate. i am pretty sure i could be APL'd from the massage side of things because i am qualified in that already.

I am not sure whether to go back to college a few days a week in september and get a part time job, or whether anyone has any feedback on using training companies like the carlton institute. the courses are roughly the same price.

what i want to know is, having had to do so many asessments at college previously to pass things like facial electrical etc, i have always been wary of quick fix courses that give you 2 days training etc. In terms of being employed by bigger companies, in your professional opinion, do you think this could affect my chances of employment or is all that matters that I have my certificate and can do the job properly???

any comments or suggestions welcome! xxx

Latest posts

Back