Which tan? Nouvatan, Suntana, Sienna - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_brown2

Reaction score
Hi im new to this (joined today) and was just wondering from you all if you can help me with some spray tanning advice! Im new to spraying and want to get the best tan possible! There are sooooo many to choose from!! Ive got samples of 8,10 and 12% suntana. Love the natural colour from suntana looks brown not orange however i feel the 8 is too light and not tried the 12 yet! Tried the original Laurens way (towie) tan and although 2 days later looks nice i found it was quite orange to start with! Everyone around where i live have sienna x ....... however spraying the 8% tester today find it has a yellow tinge?? heard good reviews about nouvatan but dont know whether to get the normal sample batch or the dark batch??? as you can see im very confused!!helpppppp lol
I love the colour of suntana im just scared that what with the 10% not being that dark is the 12% going to be dark enough?? i see they have a 14% but no testers as yet! I want to order litres in but dont want to make the wrong choice!! suntana is nice for that natural holiday tan but sometimes girls just want that fake look? maybe should get a second tan for that what do you suggest??

The search function will bring up lots of threads about this.

hi ive always used salon geek to get answers i just see that everyone says which brand they prefer but i dont find many about the differences in darkest etc or comparisons. I know its skin dependent but the sienna x sample i used today in 8% is much darker than the suntana 10% sample i used xx

when i say im new its first time ive joined and submitted a post x

Hi im new to this (joined today) and was just wondering from you all if you can help me with some spray tanning advice! Im new to spraying and want to get the best tan possible! There are sooooo many to choose from!! Ive got samples of 8,10 and 12% suntana. Love the natural colour from suntana looks brown not orange however i feel the 8 is too light and not tried the 12 yet! Tried the original Laurens way (towie) tan and although 2 days later looks nice i found it was quite orange to start with! Everyone around where i live have sienna x ....... however spraying the 8% tester today find it has a yellow tinge?? heard good reviews about nouvatan but dont know whether to get the normal sample batch or the dark batch??? as you can see im very confused!!helpppppp lol
I love the colour of suntana im just scared that what with the 10% not being that dark is the 12% going to be dark enough?? i see they have a 14% but no testers as yet! I want to order litres in but dont want to make the wrong choice!! suntana is nice for that natural holiday tan but sometimes girls just want that fake look? maybe should get a second tan for that what do you suggest??

Try Nouvatan hun ive used it for going on 2 yrs now theres many strengths to choose from you wont be disappointed no orange tinge in sight they do a sample pack heres a link to the website hth x
http://www.nouvatan.co.uk/

Last edited:
I use and love Suntana! you can buy the solutions by the 250 ml, and so you could trial the 14% that way, and there are booster drops, however if you want to try a few other brands most will send you out a sample if you email them, I used siennasol extreme on a girl that wanted to be really dark, the only thig with this is, if you use a higher dha with paler skin, you run the risk of an orange outcome, skintone determines how dark someone can go as well as dha xx

I use sienna x and love there tan! You should get samples of each tan to see what one you like best..

Sienna x have great customer service and delivery next day, never been let down with them, you can also buy there tan from places like beauty express so it's good if you need lots of other prouducts.. Another thing I like is unlike a few brands you can't buy sienna in places like boots, so people buy there prouducts of me, it's a salon product and can't be found on the high street xx

The only way to know what solution you like is to try them out.

I would sugest you try LA Tanning & Nouvatan as these were the 2 tans that came out best in my trial.

There are loads of other compaies out there and most will send you a small sample for free (they just want feedback from you about their solution once you try it).

I used to use Suntana until a couple of my clients mentioned having an orange tinge to there skin, only used 10% on them too, it scared me lol i didn't want customers walking around orange saying I'd done there tan :eek:

I switched to nouvatan a few weeks ago, it's ticked all the boxes for me. get the 8% & 12% nouvatan sample pack & you can mix the 2 together to make a 10%.

once you put it your first order you phone them & do it over the phone & they knock the price off your order what you paid for your samples. So although you initially pay for samples they are infact free if you go on to order from them.

hope that helps, I know it's tough deciding who to go with x

hi there!!

already tryed the nouvtan in a 10% , also 12% depending how dark you want your tan i liked the 12% as it was a lovely golden brown colour and had some very good feed back on it .
Always best to try out different brands though see which matches your skin tone best

Good luck!
jane xx

I use suntana, 10%, 12% & 14%. Never had a orange tinge on any of my clients & they all love the results & smells they come in.
I think it is all dependant, you have to get samples & see which one you think is best. You have to be confident in your solution at the end of the day. Plus I think different solutions react differently on some people to others.
When I sampled sienna x, I did my mum & sister with the same dha & the result was totally different.
Good luck.

Hi everyone and thanks for replying!! received my 14% from suntana and love the results!! will be ordering v soon!!:lol:

Does anyone know what OMG tan is like and what % would be best? I am just setting up my own mobile tanning and would love any advice!! :p
thanks in advance

Does anyone know what OMG tan is like and what % would be best? I am just setting up my own mobile tanning and would love any advice!! :p
thanks in advance

Have you not tried using Search?

as i said i am new to this and just thought i would post on this link about OMG!! i will try search now!

Dropping an update here too, switched from Novuatan to Suntana, never thought anything could make me to move away from Novuatan but their arrogant support group just didn't helped the decision, as well as Novuatan's tone is really more on an orangy side, compared to Suntana. However, I am not stopping on Suntana, I also want to try Minetan and some others, in a search for that perfect solution! =)

Latest posts

Back