Express/Rapid Tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina67

Reaction score
Can someone explain how these work? I just read somewhere that the tan keeps developing after you rinse off the guide colour - is that right? If someone wants a light tan and washes it off after say 2 hours would they have colour straight away or have to wait a while to see anything? Thanks Geeks xxx

Can someone explain how these work? I just read somewhere that the tan keeps developing after you rinse off the guide colour - is that right? If someone wants a light tan and washes it off after say 2 hours would they have colour straight away or have to wait a while to see anything? Thanks Geeks xxx

I believe that they are simply a higher DHA%, ie 20% solution, so they go darker faster. I am sure that is what the lovely Dawn and Steve of the fab Nouvatan said.

Basically it sprays on like a normal tan and then it develops quicker than usual so your right the sooner they wash it off the lighter the tan is and the longer they leave it on the darker is it. I think most have a maximum time of 4-6 hours. There great for tans done on the day of a night out! Xxx

If a client washes a fast/rapid tan off at 2 hours they will have very little colour if any at wash off point. After 12 hours they will have a good idea of their tans colour and it will then deepen over the next 12 hours so it takes upto 24 hours after being sprayed for the full colour and depth of tan to show.

If someone wants their colour fast then a standard 6/8 hour tan is better.

The fast part of fast/rapid tans is how quickly you can wash the guide off to go about you business as normal. I love that I don't have to keep the solution on as I really didn't like having it on me for so long. Luckily for me (I'm very fair skinned) I can wash LA Tans FAST off after just 1 & a half hours and get a lovely tan.

So do you have your desired colour after 1.5 hours or 24 hours? Sorry I must be coming across a very dumb I just didn't realise it could still keep developing for that long. So for me as a good tanner could leave it on for 4-6 hours and be quite dark and still go darker? Thanks for your advice :)

Our rapid tan. will give your client some colour when showered off 3 to 4 hours after application,similar to an 8% on olive skin tones,but it can carry on developing into a deeper tan dependant on your skin type.
We dont market our tan as a rapid tan. we just sell it as 20% solution. because thats what it is.. there is some great pics of the rapid tan at various stages of development on the Nouvatan facebook page. these pics have been uploaded by our customers not us.

So do you have your desired colour after 1.5 hours or 24 hours? Sorry I must be coming across a very dumb I just didn't realise it could still keep developing for that long. So for me as a good tanner could leave it on for 4-6 hours and be quite dark and still go darker? Thanks for your advice :)
If you wash of at 1.5 hours you would have very little if any colour. Desired colour is at aprox 12 hours then deepens to full colour by 24 hours.

I have no colour at all when I wash off after an hour and a half. At 12 hours I have reached a nice colour and am nearly at full tan. It then deepend to it's full colour & depth by 24 hours.

I use OMG rapid tan, and the guide lines are wash off at 3 hours for light, 4 hours for medium & 5 hours for dark.
The tan then darkens over the next 12 hours, my clients echo this as well.

Thanks guys I think I'm grasping it now, your feedback is very much appreciated

Oooh just one more question - is one layer enough?

Yes I spray once. I use aprox 40ml per tan.

Hi again Baggybear, so if i swop to nouvatan 20 or la tan fast my Friday night spray tan girls will still be fully tanned by Saturday night? yes?

Hi again Baggybear, so if i swop to nouvatan 20 or la tan fast my Friday night spray tan girls will still be fully tanned by Saturday night? yes?

Yes they will be tanned within 12 hours of aplication and then the full depth of colour will be reached at 24 hours so any Fri night tans will be ready for Sat night.

The tan develops from aplication to full colour in 12 hours and then the colour deepens by 24 hours.

It's awkward to explain the difference between how the tan looks at 12 hours and 24 hours, there is a definate difference in the tan but it's not gotten darker after the 12 hours, it's gotten a deeper brown - I hope that makes sense lol.

Fri Morning tans would be ok to go out Fri night or Sat morning tans ok to go out Sat night (if they have 10-12 hours between having the tan & going out).

I use Sienna X tonight's the night rapid tan on myself and wash it off after about 4 hours and it gives the same effect as a 10-12%.

I love rapid tans but my clients never want them!

I'm now confused babbybear? just rang La tanning and their fast tan is equivilent to 16% with no eurthylous(Sp?) and Nouvatan is 20% and persume no eurthylose, thought it was essential for rapid tans?

LA Tan have told you that their FAST is only 16% :eek::eek:

I don't know how that can be correct as an 8 hour tan with Fast is darker than the 8 hours of Disco (18%) so I naturally assumed that the FAST was 20% (and as a lot of other fast/rapid tans are 20%).

Erythrulose is added to many spray tan solutions as it acts as a secondary tanning agent that works slower than DHA but helps to prolong the tan by developing after the DHA has. It is in many brands 'normal' tans as well as in fast/rapid tans.

It's not neccesarily an important ingredient in fast/rapid tans as such but I would have expected it to be in there to boost the length of time the tan lasts, knowing the solution is on the skin for such a short amount of time and therefore won't penetrate as deep into the skin before wash off.

TBH I had never bothered to look at the ingredients in my FAST but have just grabbed my bottle to check and it doesn't say erythrulose so that must be true but I'm really surprised to hear it's only a 16% solution. I may just email them and see if I get told the same info.

Last edited:
Ok gun spoke to a young lady whom I heard ask a man, I was shocked to as might as well Just buy 16 or 18 % she said their dha is different and works differently but can not see how that can be possible x

I have just emailed them so will post the response as soon as I get it.

Latest posts

Back