Waxing help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzyc

Reaction score
Right girls I'm sure many of you can relate to this! I'm sick of shaving as after a day or so I'm back to feeling stubbly! (ew!) but I'm so scared to go for a wax as I've heard it really hurts? I've had my eyebrows waxed before and tears were streaming!!! Do you find that underarms, legs and "down there" hurts just as much? Xx

everyones tolerance is different... just make sure you go to someone who is experienced and uses good quality wax - that definatly makes a difference to the ouch level and also you tend to be more sensitive at certain times of the month so keep an eye on that and you will be able to work out your least sensitive time and get your waxing done then.

Is it best to start small like half a leg or just underarms? X

i'd start with whatever you have to shave the most. lol . maybe go with the under arms so , it's much quicker as it's only a little area. good luck.

I agree with the above posts! and yes everyone's tolerance is very different but from my experiences the first couple of times smart the most, I find it gets easier/less painful each time but only if I haven't shaved in between waxes as the hair is finer than after shaving and the majority of my clients say the same thing. I often recommend my first timers to take a panadol or 2 an hour or so before to help take the edge off. HTH! Good luck x

And don't forget to take some pain killers before your visit ;) It always worked for me before IPL treatments so it should also work for waxing :)

A lot of pain can be down to poor technique or the waxes used. Definitely search out somebody with experience especially in bikini waxing as this is a skill in itself. Sometimes a therapist can use talc to make the removal less painful. Totally agree with comments about taking something before hand to relieve pain. But dont worry the pain doesnt last very long at all and its definitely worth it

Latest posts

Back