Scarring on my face!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie_c_06

Reaction score
hello im a fully trained beauty therapist so have a good skin care routine. since i was about 12/13 i have had really bad skin/acne. i got antibiotics from doctors and also got creams from docts. but now i have treriable scars all over my face. with make up u can hardly see them but i hate them. i use to work in a salon that have ultrasound for scaring and that really helped but now i dobt work for that salon i dont no what to use that is relativly cheap i dont mind spending money on the treyment if i no 100% it will get rid of my scars!! help!! xx
ps i am going to ibiza in julyso i would love to have amazing skin for then! xx

I'd maybe try microdermabrasion chick. The treatment takes about half an hour and you see results from day one. To make a hugely noticeable change you need to book a course. Its basically crystals blasted softly at your skin and resurfaces the area. Hope this has helped :)

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Hi honey, have a look at the Elemis Tri-enzyme range. It's resurfacing and specifically designed for skin like yours. It's not cheap but if you go to an Elemis counter then you can ask for some testers before you invest.

Depending on your funds, start with the Tri-enzyme facial wash and the Tri-enzyme gel mask, and if you can afford it the Tri-enzyme resurfacing serum.

I trained in Elemis at my last job and the products are amazing.
Hope that helps!
Rhiannon x

thankyou so much for advice! hope it works!
have you done or had a acid peel? is it worth having that done? x

I'd say chemical peels will be the best option.
They vary in strength, but depending on the severity of your scarring you may need to consider a light TCA peel. TCA is the acid they use on 10 years younger and the sort of programme, but some skin centres offer a lite version of it.
It will resurface the skin and deffinateky improve if not remove the scarring.
Google places like:
SK:N
Face the future
Genesis skin clinics

I used to suffer with cystic acne on my chin and jawline. The scars I had were red from the lumps and I never thought I'd get rid of them.

The salon I used to work in used a system called Danne rebuilding skin, rebuilding lives and honestly I would never use another product on my skin now! I have no scars and very very rarely get even one spot! It's quite an expensive investment, but I promise it really works. It's a paramedical skin care range and to be honest I don't know what I'd do without it! Have a look on the website and see if there's anyone near to you offering it.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted soon

I have had acne since i was 15 years old, now that i am approaching 30 i have pigmentation damage, light scarring and build up of tissue where a spot has repeated itself over and over again.

I have been on several different antibiotic since i was 15 and also used several different types of products. Everyone in my dads side of the family has acne including my whole generation of cousins. I am currently on oxytetracyline and have been for 2 years which help the most out of the others i have tried.

In December I started using ProActive products that contant glycolic acid to prep my skin so i could do a course of peels. I researched alot and knew it was a TCA peel i needed. I contacted lots of local beauty salon who tried to push me into lighter glyco peels cause that is all they do, to carry out TCA you must be a practisioner. I knew from my research this type of peel isnt strong enough to remove scarring.

I am currently sitting here on day 3 of a medium TCA Medical Peel. These are not to be taken lightly. Your face looks burnt, your skins hardens and then peels away. Its sore at the time, 2 minutes of extreme burning followed by uncomfortable tightness for up to a week till the skins peels away. No make up for 7 days and no sunlight.

But i can tell its going to work so its going to be worth it :)

good luck if you go ahead with peels, its worth it

oh i forgot to say i have also done micro dermabrasion but it only works if you have no spots at the time, if you do it with spots it rips the head right off them and causes a scar.

just to let you know i am on day 7 of my peel, all skin has peeled away and its judt flaky now, my right cheek looks much clearer than it was before, my left cheek and chin are problem areas they are still red so hard to tell how well its worked, got another one a week today :)

Wow do you have any before or after pics?

A course of glycolic peels would be good before you consider chemical peels? I also have scarring on my chin from acne i have had microdermabrasion but didnt think it really helped me. Its also something i need to sort and i will..you know us therapists put ourselves last lol :p

Latest posts

Back