Lash perm, let's bring it back!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzzi

Reaction score
hey guys

it seems lash perming isnt very popular, which is ashame i love doing it, getting it done and just about everything about apart from the perm lotion smell lol!
We need to help bring it back, any ideas???

I do the lvl lashes,

It's basically a perm with shields and tint,bit's great and I find it very popular. I'm always adding before and after photo and now everyone see the results they want it.

I'm love my lashes With a lift, it makes such a differents.

X

I agree. Although it is not my favourite treatment to do, it can produce fabulous results. I think maybe there is a very poor general training regime for this treatment and it was removed from nvq training several years ago, which I think was wrong.

I love the eventual results from this treatment, but i always find no matter how much i clean the lashes of any oils, the lashes just won't stick to the rods, even when i add some of the adhesive supplied with the kit! Shame cos like i say i also think that there should be a "revival" of lash perms

When I trained 8 yrs ago it was no longer on the curriculum, we were shown how it was done but that was it, I'm now going to do lash lift course in march, am hoping it will be popular with those who don't want lash ext xx

I used eyelash extensions all the time for 3 yrs but had a lash perm on my course and i will never go back to extensions ever. i find i get more or less the same look with a lash perm only difference i no longer have the hassle of extenstions. Another plus of having it done my boyfriend prefers the natural look while i still feel girly LOL!!

Eyelash perm was included in my nvq college course. I haven't got it on my price lists and i haven't done one since I left college. This post has got me thinking though about introducing it though :) xxx

I did lash perming on my level 2 and I think its great!!
It puzzled me why No one did it outside of college.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I did my nvq 3 years ago and we did it maybe just different areas

I like doing lash perms i just think the names a bit old fashion. When you hear perm you think old lady getting her hair done!

I to would like to do more! Hmmm maybe we should rename it make it sound more youthfull! ... Eyelash curl?? Not the best im sure other will think of better! Lol x

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Im liking the idea of re-naming it but no imagination as to what to call it

Eyelash curl

I like it easy to understand and not ab old lady name lol lets bring it back!

Im liking the idea of re-naming it but no imagination as to what to call it

Eyelash curl

I like it easy to understand and not ab old lady name lol lets bring it back!

I agree :) I think it would have more appeal if we could name it something else on our price lists, to make it sound modern. I can't think of anything though! Xxx

Its quite a popular treatment for me! I usually find I can upsell it to people who are having a tint! I love it and so do my clients who have it! But you have to talk about it as a lot of people havent heard of it!:)

I started my nvq 2 with vtct in April 2010. When a sylabus changes, it's usually at the start of each academic year so for people starting their nvq2 in September 2010, the perming was removed from the nvq2 (at least the vtct one anyway).

Did they replace perming with extentions by any chance? i ask this because my friends who started the nvq2 in september 2010 or any time after that were doing lash extentions.

I like perming. It's a tricky treatment to do really well but I agree that the results are good. Maybe for a lot of clients the results are too subtle (compared to eyelash extentions perhaps) but yeah, I think it's still worth offering lash perming :)

I last saw an eyelash perm done about ten years ago and thought the curl was too tight. I was expecting a bigger sweep and lift if you see what i mean.

Is there a better way of doing this now?

Lots of my clients are more mature and wary of sp lash extensions but i can see that a tint and perm would make a visible difference. Also, how lomg do the effects last?

There must be a lash perm queen on here somewhere lol

using a bigger roller will give you look you after. It roughly last 8 weeks but really just depends on the growth of the lashes. As to renaming it i read somewhere on here somebody changed the name to semi permanent lash curl and found it made a huge difference so what you think girls should we give it go?? x

Semi Permanent Lash Curl? Nice Idea - anything with a 'semi' in it seems to be popular.

I'd love to use 'Curl Up and Dye' - but I guess there'll always be those awkward customers who just don't get it!!!

Semi-permanent lash curl, I like it!! I may have to steal that ;) will let you all know if I get people interested xxx

Semi Permanent Lash Curl? Nice Idea - anything with a 'semi' in it seems to be popular.

I'd love to use 'Curl Up and Dye' - but I guess there'll always be those awkward customers who just don't get it!!!

Theres a hairdressers in a town about 15min from me called curl up and dye! I always found it hilarious and very quirky! You should go for it

This thread has inspired me, think im goin to have my lashes curled and tinted next time i go to a salon. I can tint my own but not as much of a luxury is it..... I used to have sp lashes done by a girl i know and i did hers but we nevwr have time to meet up anymore and my lashes are neglected so maybe this will be easier to maintain!

X

I call it eyelash lift I qualified today I love them there are new eyelash curlers now and not rods I'll post pic now xx

i call it eyelash lift i qualified today i love them there are new eyelash curlers now and not rods i'll post pic now xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329434359.604168.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329434478.291708.jpg

Latest posts

Back