Critique my lashes please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina

Reaction score
I'm still practising my lashes so any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.
I've attached some before and after.

Thanks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139442.302380.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139442.302380.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 412
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139462.321683.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139462.321683.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 411
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139489.399921.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139489.399921.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 441
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139528.972925.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139528.972925.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 431
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139549.314516.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139549.314516.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 406
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139575.764127.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328139575.764127.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 423
They look great, I'm still starting off in lashes as well.

Only thing is try and get some more in, especially the inner corners

They look really good, be proud x

Yeah I've got to say that's the hardest bit I'm finding, the inner corners, I suppose because it's more fiddly, I'm doing another set on Monday so will try focus on that .

Hi Tina,

I think these are great lashes for just starting out but I'm going to give some constructive feedback as I think that's far more helpful than me just saying "they're great" (I hope that's what you want) :eek:

I think the lashes are applied well but they are too long. This results in the spider leg look and makes any gaps much more noticeable. (This is especially obvious in the inner corners where you haven't got many lashes on)

My advice would be to use shorter lashes (but more of them). This will make the lashes not only look much neater, but last much longer too.

I hated doing inner corners when I started but it's just down to practice (and a good set of tweezers with fine points to get into those little fine lashes).

Hope that has helped.
Happy Lashing x

I'm still practising my lashes so any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.
I've attached some before and after.

Thanks

I think they look ok. But I think the lashes are too long and like ellibee says it then makes them look like spiders legs. I also wonder if you have used a bit too much glue as they look clumpy and "sticky" in places. Keep going though and I suggest using smaller lashes. Don't go under estimating the effect you can get with lots of little lashes. I'd also be trying to get more on the inner eye.. They look too bare there hun xxx good luck x

Thanks for the critiques that's what I need, I do think they look like spiders legs but if the client says they want long lashes is there a tip on how to choose what size length.?

I love your determination tina :) I've seen a few of your posts in the past. I'm glad you haven't given up like I did with lashes, keep going & you'll get to were you need to be x

Thanks for the critiques that's what I need, I do think they look like spiders legs but if the client says they want long lashes is there a tip on how to choose what size length.?

Well I think 13mm is long enough for most... And if they are filled with 9 and 11 they should look thick enough to not look as spidery. U should start by ensuring clients that a glam look is achieved from full ness not length. I am at a point where I often use this "I'll put the 15 on but it will look rather silly. Tell you what I'll do it my way and if you don't like it I won't charge you" I don't get anyone not wanting to pay! They just have to trust you. Those that still insist I give them a 15 and 9 times out of ten they return and ask for shorter! Cx

Well it's really down to the client respecting your advice and trusting your judgement.

I am always honest with clients (even if it's not what they want to hear)

If they want to look like they have strip lashes on, I tell them to go to Boots and buy strip lashes!

If they have short lashes and tell me they want "the longest you've got" I tell them that it's not advisable, I explain why, then add "but it's you that's paying. I can only advise" They know I just want them to have the best lashes possible so they usually go with what I suggest.

When I'm patch testing, I apply lashes the same length as their own lash so I know exactly how long the natural lash is. I tend to go 1/3 longer and no more than 1/2 longer.

Hope that's helped x

Just to add.

I have some clients with rubbish lashes who wanted to go longer than I advised. Their lashes didn't last.

Over time, I have gradually reduced the length and they are lasting better, look thicker and, more importantly, the clients prefer them. (if only they had listened in the first place)! LOL

Last edited:
Hi I think we have all do lashes like this at the start, but the more we do the better we get and we learn from the mistakes we have made, we get more condident and will be able to persuade the client against wanting the longer lash.

Last edited:
With every set I do I am finding that I'm learning something new to do next time to make them better, I hopefully will get there one day, I will keep posting my pics cos it really helps you guys giving me advice.
Thanks

Ok I've done another set today trying to take on board everyone's advise , what do you think x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328573153.465616.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328573153.465616.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 188
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328573171.574536.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328573171.574536.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 197
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328573187.937316.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328573187.937316.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 202
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328573201.781547.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328573201.781547.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 207
Can I ask what brand you are using Tina? & elliebee?
Thanks

Ok I've done another set today trying to take on board everyone's advise , what do you think x

A bit criss crossly towards the inner eye but I think overall this set looks better!

I think these look much better (and a big improvement at the inner corners) but still a bit long. Can I ask what size you used?

It's difficult to tell from a picture but I would say this client would be best with 9s or 10s.

If you go a bit shorter, it can mean you can use lashes that are a bit thicker. If clients want a long lash, I usually go down to 0.15 or 0.10 to compensate but this gives that spidery look we all hate.

Far better (in my opinion) to do loads of 0.20 9 &10 to give a really full look. If these last OK, you can always top up with some 11s or 12s at infill.

I am currently using the lashes from lash base, I used 8 on the inner, 12's then tried to infill with 10's. I'm glad you see an improvement, it encourages me, thanks x

Latest posts

Back